I want a new drug

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve2112, Feb 4, 2010.

1. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Ok, I actually want some of the same drugs I've taken for years. This question is for US folks. Have you used online pharmacies, specifically Canadian or other foreign pharmacies? I have been looking around a bit, and it is very difficult to tell which ones are legit. Right now, I don't have any regular prescriptions, so it wouldn't be an ongoing thing. Honestly, right now I would probably just use it to order Sudafed (I'm not going to try and spell out the generic) without being treated like a criminal. I have to get it behind the counter, give ID, sign my life away, give a DNA sample, etc. to get some freakin' cold medicine. And now, my state has a bill going through the process to require a prescription to get it! Great! Now I have to pay for an office visit any time I get a cold or sinus problems.

So, does anyone use these and know of some decent sites?

2. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I agree. It's absolutely moronic that I have to let go of so much of my privacy and inconvenience myself so much just for something with a little pseudoephedrine.

4. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, and it's doing nothing to stop meth production. What really annoys me is the idiots who tell me "just use something else". The only problem with that is that I have allergic reactions to Benadryl or anything like that. It's happened with almost any antihistamine I've taken. So, yeah, it may relive the cold suffering by killing me.

5. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

if it is something like sudafed , why not just order from regular canadian pharmacy chain and have shipped to you via shipper that does Can/US shipping.

i know GNC nutrition and Genesis Nutrition both carry pseudoephedrine and ephedrine tablets
    can buy as many as want, no ID

6. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

Because I don't know of any chains that do that? :)

I tried doing a search for Canadian pharmacies and gave up after getting a bunch of spam links. :eek:

Edit: I was also kind of looking down the road, and looking for alternatives for family members who do have recurring prescriptions.

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

You CAN just get your prescription filled in a real canadian pharmacy , then have a designated person ship it to you as needed. I don't know the legality of that , but I know a few people who do just that to save serious $ on identical meds.

8. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I thought this thread would be about Huey Lewis... :(

9. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  10. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

Sorry for disappointing you. That song popped in my head as I was trying to come up with a thread title. And now I have it stuck in my head again.

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I've never ordered from any online pharmacy that is out of the US. I just don't know if I would trust it or if the savings would be worth the additional shipping cost.

As far as over the counter cold medicines that are now behind the counter, what's the big deal? I have asthma and allergies and have made these purchases with no difficulty. You walk up the counter tell them what you need and how much, show your ID, sign one form, and make the purchase. I'm not sure if this is what it's like in your part of the country, but it's really not any additional hassle. They simply are tracking your purchase totals to identify the people who were hopping from store to store to make purchases for meth production.

Just relax and go buy the medicine. Complaining isn't helping your sneezing and runny nose. ;)

12. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

Because I hate being treated like a criminal just to buy cold medicine. Also, as I pointed out earlier, my state has legislation going through right now that would require a prescription just to buy it. So I have to pay for a doctor's office visit just to help out that sneezing and running nose. And I can't take anything else because of bad reactions.

13. kinkster macrumors 6502a

I was also looking for somewhere to buy XR drugs from an online pharmacy, and ran into the same problem of having no idea what was spam and what wasn't.
    There's allot that have good prices and don't require a prescription though.

I found the forum http://www.drugbuyers.com/freeboard/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

Kind of a big confusing forum but you can probably find somewhere to ask where to get sudafed or some other pseudoephedrine medicine.