I Want a Tablet, advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TOMIMOT, Oct 29, 2012.

1. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

Soooooo just like the title says. I want a tablet. What for? basically to be an alternative to my MBP (internet browsing, music, photos etc.) I have my eyes on the new iPad (4th generation) but what is holding me back is that theres no flash. Many of you will probably roll your eyes thinking "oh here goes another one complaining about flash". I've had an iphone since the 3G and I have survived without flash, but the point is that if I were to get a tablet I would want the full internet browsing experience like I do on my MBP. With that said is there any 'other' tablets you guys would recommend other than the iPad preferably the android side? I looked at the Nexus 7 and thats another tablet aside from the iPad I would be willing to look into but I have a feeling it might be too small. Any ideas? much appreciated

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

3. Check 6 macrumors regular

4. TOMIMOT thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

hmmm interesting, and theres many gaming sites i follow regularly that need flash. Ill wait until the nexus 10 launches to determine if ill be going ipad or nexus but thanks i appreciate the info man

5. markmen macrumors newbie

I don't think Nexus 10 support Flash as Adobe had stop Flash support for android 4.1 Jellybean onward. So if Flash is very important for you then your options will only be some outdated android device such as Galaxy Tab 2 or maybe Windows 8 tablets

6. kamalds macrumors regular

I think you will still be able sideload stock browser and flash plugin like people did on Nexus 7 - ] mobilityupdate

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One thing to consider is how immersed are you in the apple eco-system. It will be much better and seamless if you opt for an iPad.

As for flash, or the lack of it, adobe has all but stopped flash on android as well, and win8 tablets don't have flash AFAIK (though there seems to be some level of support for it) so that shouldn't be the deciding factor

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If all you will be using the iPad for is web browsing, music, and basic tasks, I'd spring for a refurb iPad 3. Sure, the lightning connector and powerful A6X is there, but for what you will be doing, no need for that stuff.