I want an iPhone but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taficke, Nov 25, 2007.

1. taficke macrumors member

I want to get the iPhone for many reasons. One i just got the touch and realized i like it and for the same price i could have got the iPhone. I bought it at my Best Buy and because its the Christmas season i have until Jan 28th to return it. My question to you is Does anyone know a way you can get out of a Verizon Wireless 2 year contract without paying a cancellation fee?
    Thanks again in advance...

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I think there is a way to "trade" contracts online with people.

So you would be looking for someone that wants a Verizon contract (getting out of a ATT contract).

Not sure. Others will chime in soon.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yes there is a way to trade contracts online (I forgot the name of the site though:eek:). Google "trade mobile phone contract" and you should find it.

Short of that, I don't see a way out of it. Those contracts are pretty air tight.

4. mets1125 macrumors regular

Verizon prorates their ETF. Minus $5 for every month that you have been under contract. Or like others have said above find someone who will take over your contract. Ask your family neighbors etc.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

When i switched, Cingular paid for the early cancellation. That was a couple years ago however, and AT&T may not do that.

6. Billy Bob macrumors regular

I wouldn't even consider a iphone until apple changes it's uncompetitive marking practices with these devices.

7. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

ok. Im sure they are losing sleep over your protest.

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Wow.. that's cool.

9. erandall38 macrumors 6502

http://www.celltradeusa.com/

Here is one example but there are many more out there so search around.

Also a few weeks ago I read an article regarding Phone carriers easing their early cancellation fees and other things. Att and Verizon were specifically mentioned, but I can not find it. But I would contact your provider and ask them what they will do for you.

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yup. Back in the bad old days wireless companies actually cared about your business. Now it seems that you're rather expendable to them.:eek::(

11. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

cellswapper is another one... that's how i got out of my Verizon contract, you don't get to keep your # though, but eh, sometimes it's good to have a new # :)

12. mets1125 macrumors regular

You couldnt of said it any better :mad: