I Want An Iphone But.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by English Glory, May 18, 2009.

1. English Glory macrumors newbie

English Glory

Hey every one, I know everyday you get people asking when is the new iphone coming out and no one really knows to be honest and this is what is troubling me lol, some people say at the apple convention in june, some say late june or july, in augast and some even say next year.

My contract runs out in a couple of weeks on a Nokia N95 8gb and I have wanted a new iphone for ages now, I could go out and buy the current iphone 3g, but then i will be gutted if the new model is released in june/july time with its so say new features and hardware upgrades, The iphone I would purchase is the white 16gb version, that has more than enough space for me, but the only thing im worried about is the quality of the camera, At the moment i have a 5mp camera and it seems a bit of a down grade picture quality wise but it's the rest of the phone I love.

Just wanted advise really on what to do and what would u do?

Cheers English Glory

2. matttye macrumors 601

Wait until the WWDC has been and gone. If a new iPhone is announced, then it's up to you to decide whether you want the new version or a current 3G. If no new iPhone is announced, then you may as well get a 3G because it will be impossible to tell when the next version is going to be released.

Personally though, I've just switched from an iPhone to the Nokia 5800 and haven't looked back. Apple would have to include a lot of upgrades to make me even think about switching back.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

If you're thinking of getting an iPhone and would feel "gutted" if the new one came out shortly after, at least wait until after the announcements in June. By then, there should be some indication of what to expect, and some sort of time-table. It's only a few weeks away, so just hold off until then.

And then you can read all the in-depth analysis here to help you make your decision. ;)

HTH

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I also recommend waiting until WWDC in early June. If there is going to be an update it should be announced there.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ok, from what I can gather from your post (too a few times to of re-reading it)

You're basically concerned about when and if a new iPhone will be released and what possible features will be included. As you had first indicated, there are many threads here but to summarize those threads and yours here's my $.02

WWDC is around the corner and apple has a track record of releasing new hardware and software during WWDC and everyone expects them have the iPhone 3.0 OS ready or at least a date of when it will be available. Secondly there should be a new iPhone to go along with the updated OS, its specific features is unknown though the consensus is that it will include a better camera. As for other features, its pure speculation.

Bottom line, WWDC is only a few weeks away, wait till then so you can then make an informed and educated decision as when and what to buy.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

As others have stated, wait until WWDC and see what is announced.

7. fireplace macrumors member

EG, as everyone else has said, wait to see what pops up at WWDC, the received wisdom seems to be that the update of iphone will be announced, hopefully there'll be some proper apple stuff before and after it (is that blasphemy these days?). There will be a lead time to getting it in the UK too. Even if you do go for the 'older' model you may find that the price is a bit nicer with the new one coming.

There were also minor rumbles about vodafone getting the iphone too, i'd like that as it would give me a bit of bargaining power with O2 (my current provider too, and my contract is up in a month).

Read a book or two, go for some exercise - before long you'll find out about the iphone, be fitter and better informed.
    i had a kebab for dinner:D

8. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

English Glory, just wait to see what the supposed new iPhone brings then decide at that time. We only have to wait a couple more weeks.