I want an Iphone but....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Aug 11, 2009.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I live in the UK. Last October I went into a store to get myself an iphone.... however, I was talked out of it, and in a moment of stupidity, I purchased the Omnia.

Its not a bad phone, and it does everything I can think of, but it doesnt have the apps, or usability of the iphone.

And with an Iphone, i could get rid of my ipod, and have an all in one device, so to speak.

I have another 8 or so months left on my orange contract, but i'd like an iphone now to be honest... seems like a good time to buy.

I dont want to buy an iphone, and have 2 contracts running at the same time for the next 8 months however :/

Is there anyone who has been in the same boat, who found a quick way to getting an iphone?

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

Buy the phone you want not the one you get "talked into". Now just wait the 9 months.... don't get talked out of it agian. Or I guess you could just drop the $$ one.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

4. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

Orange recently announced big changes to their pricing structure which has opened up the option of you terminating your contract early without penalty. One of my work colleagues did this on Thursday so that he could get an iPhone. He followed the instructions on this website and after a lot of talking was able to terminate his contract and get a PAC code without penalty.

5. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

You beat me too it. Orange lawyers have backed down and now people can easily terminate their contract.

There's more info here too Start from about page 60 ish for the latest info.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1825687

6. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Don't let them talk you out of a phone if you know what you want!
    Just let them talk you into one if you don't :p

Can you sell the omnia?
    and terminate like others have said?
    -Omi

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

caveat emptor....especially if you're not buying what you wanted in the first place.

8. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

Rumour has it that Orange have now decided to pull the changes so it would seem that you won't be able to use the loophole now. Hope you managed to sneak in yesterday.

9. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I presume by "I don't want to buy an iphone" you mean you don't want to pay full price for a Pay And Go, and you don't want another contract but you STILL want an iphone fast.

Your only reasonable option then is to steal one.

Good luck with that.