I want an iPhone killer to come out because...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Nov 22, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Just read the blackberry flaws and i have been an iphone 3g user a month ago... I love my iPhone but...

I really want a better phone than the iPhone to come out so they make a new iPhone next summer. I know i know many posts about this topic. The main reason a new phone needs to come out is because apple will need a reason innovate next summer, if not they might just do some design and minor hardware changes...

Who is with me? But hey guys competition is always good, for prices and better change sin the future. even if an iphone killer comes out i will just buy the next iPhone if apple keeps innovating. I know apple will win the fight.:)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Innovate... to what? There will be a new iPhone in June/July. It will only have minor hardware additions and software changes... but what is there to add, hardware-wise, anyway?

Seriously, let's name some things that Apple could even add to the iPhone in terms of hardware...

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

oh god.. now i worry about another torrent of crazy hot headed ppl who rant so much about adding and talking about what sucks about the iphone.. oh god...

4. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Innovate, who knows... albert eistein said once nothing and all is invented. Apple will know. But maybe not something new but better hardware changes better camera better alll. If iphone got serious competition they will do better things and better prices in the future.

and who know maybe they surprise us.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yaawwwn... I need a gin-straight up Martini right about now!:eek:

6. macbookairapple macrumors regular

Isn't the G1 and Storm the "iphone killers''? :p

7. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah never, you should read the articles about them.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Once the next iPhone killer phone comes out, Apple is going to call it quits. Make sure you hold onto your iPhone, because in 50 years it's going to be worth $25,000

9. Ademius macrumors regular

I don't know if there's much to add, but more so to enhance.

- Accomodade better camera (with flash etc.)
    - More RAM (this is vital) so the crashes and slowdowns stop
    - Faster processor (something must have happend in the last two years?)
    - Better battery (Silver-Zinc or something else.. better lithium-ion?)
    - Make it louder (speakerphone, regular phone and microphone)
    - Wifi 802.11n built in - how big is the transmitter?
    - Of course, higher storage capacity is always welcome (32 GB soon?)

Can't think of much more than that until at least 2010.. in terms of hardware.

Many of these might very likely be subject of cost efficency and or battery efficency atm. Can't think of anything to add though.

10. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, and with a good competitor that makes apple worry they might reconsider all this and more. But like the guy up said... until a bette rphone dotn come out they will just do minor changes.

11. goobimama macrumors regular

^ True that. I'd say the next biggest hardware change will be when they upgrade the processor. Otherwise memory/camera/battery life are just incremental. The OS is improving day by day though, and that's good.

12. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

also if they got some good competitor they stop being so cheap because they have an itunes store and open the bluetooth..

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

And a VGA or better screen. Shame to waste all that big space with what is now a relatively lower resolution.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

why the hell do people buy a new phone every freaking year?

are there really that many people with so much disposable income that they can replace a device with one that serves the same function every year??

15. goobimama macrumors regular

Well that again is a software update and nothing to do with the hardware. And I would hold my breath for that to happen, ever.

16. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

First of all, why the he'll is it any of your business? Second, it's people like you who don't mind things that aren't cutting edge that allow people like me, who do, to stay up to date at a relatively low cost. I bought my first gen iPhone for $399 and sold it for $385. So it's not like I lost any money. Next year I will probably be able to sell my current iPhone for around what I Paid for it again, and the cycle continues.

Actually on topic, I think that as competitors start to step up and actually challenge Apple they will start listening to what we want. Really, after a year and a half of complaints, Its ridiculous that Apple hasn't added MMS, copy/paste, and video recording. However, since the phone is still leaps and bounds above others they don't have to address those complaints to still sell phones.

17. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Bluetooth open bluetooth and hell yeah1 that is what i am trying to say!:)

18. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

There is NEVER going to be an iPhone killer. There just isnt. Others will have their own thing and try to compete with iphone and maybe try and take theirs one step further but there just isnt going to be a iPhone killer so using that term imo is lame.

19. Doju macrumors 68000

You have a constant elitist attitude as if you know what the future holds. I'd love to know where Apple stated this. :)

Regardless, there are quite a few hardware updates Apple could add. A dedicated camera button, quick launch buttons, expandable memory, removable battery, not to mention a different back.

20. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

We don't know there'll be a new iPhone in 2009. I suppose we could see an 'iPhone Photo' with better camera and flash, possibly more RAM. Other than that, I can't think of any hardware changes that are necessary. Further price cuts would be great. I don't think a hardware update with new features is likely.

Most of what Apple needs to improve with the iPhone can be done through software. I'm banking on a big software update (v2.5 or something) with copy&paste.

21. firewood macrumors 604

Obviously yes. I know lots of women with a closet full of shoes. And they still go out and buy new shoes. More than just once a year.

22. firewood macrumors 604

It takes about around 2 years to design and qualify new phone chips. If they start next summer, you won't see the results until mid-2011.

23. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Apple isn't waiting on any real "iPhone killer." If they don't keep pushing themselves, they'll be in the situation of all the competitors. They'll be 18 months behind (that's you, RIM). I think it took Apple more than two years to develop the first iPhone. They are probably working on every feature we can think of, but it's more difficult than just "abracadabra, MMS!" They also have this thing called a budget, so they can't hire every programmer and engineer across the world to work on this thing.

24. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Yes, of course. They are prioritizing, based on the importance of potential feature enhancements. For instance, look at the new Safari address bar/search field layout. This was obviously a critical need for the iPhone, something in high demand. Thankfully, Apple saw this, and took action to rectify the situation.

[​IMG]

25. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23