I want an Iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dunit16, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. dunit16 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    #1
    Right, ive got the dilema of the century!

    I want to buy the Iphone on on contract with O2 here in the UK for 35 pound per month, and ive been told by many people to wait for version 2 to come out.

    Does anybody know the specific release date for this?

    I want it, but i dont know whether to wait or not!

    Help..


    Dan
     
  2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

    TurboSC

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #2
    a dilemma we all face on macrumors, be it an iPhone or the next Apple ____. My mentality has always been to enjoy what's here, not what could be approaching.
     
  3. Matteh117 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    Location:
    Surrey, UK
    #3
    From what I've read, Summer. Makes sense with it being a year old..

    You will always have this problem though, so ask yourself - do I want it now, or can I wait and see?

    No point in holding out for something that will be upgraded, because then you'll never get anything... and the price isn't going to go up, so the upgrade from v1 to v2 won't be too costly (IMO).
     
  4. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location:
    Somewhere You've Never Heard Of, NJ
    #4
    I say just get it now. A v2 release is inevitable. But what if you wait and it doesn't come out as soon as expected. Then you went all that time without, when you could have been enjoying what many other people already are!:apple::apple:
     
  5. dunit16 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    #5
    Well, ive been told that there are numerous bugs and what not. If a V2 is inevitable then it looks like i will wait, the trip to the o2 shop tomorow will make or break my decision.

    I think :|
     
  6. Matteh117 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    Location:
    Surrey, UK
    #6
    I walk past an O2 shop not far from my work every day and if it wasn't for the fact that they open after I start work and close before I leave work, I would have given in before my current contract ends.

    Vodafone disconnection team assured me that they are getting V2 and V3.... I assured them that regardless of what they "know", I'll stick to my plans of switching to O2.

    Random, but meh..
     
  7. arkitect macrumors 601

    arkitect

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2005
    Location:
    Bath, United Kingdom
    #7
    I am surprised no one has mentioned it. It is common knowledge that the confirmed date for Apple's release of the iPhone Ver. 2 is 8th April 2008. :confused:

    How on earth does anyone —*perhaps not even Steve himself — know this?
    Just buy one…*they are great!
     
  8. Consultant macrumors G5

    Consultant

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    #8
    THERE ARE NOT "numerous bugs". Compared to other phones on the market, iPhone are the most useable phone for most people.

    Pure speculation and pulling some random date out of someone's behind... Nothing to see here. I didn't know it is April 1st already.
     
  9. arkitect macrumors 601

    arkitect

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2005
    Location:
    Bath, United Kingdom
    #9
    Ahem…
    Look carefully at the bottom of my post… And you may find you are agreeing with me more than you realise. ;)
     
  10. skittlez macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    #10
    April 8th 2008? =/
     
  11. AMoeini macrumors member

    AMoeini

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2007
    #11
    Seriously, buy it and enjoy it. New one comes out and your dying for it? Get it whenever you can afford it. Simple. Just ask yourself if you truly need it now. If you think you can wait, then wait. If you wake up everyday and say to yourself "Man, I wish I had that phone" then definitely get one now.

    And just remember - Anything they do to V2 will just include 3G and a better camera. You'll still have the same firmware. And for some 3G is a reason to switch, others it's not as important. We're looking at earliest late May/Early June for v2, with FCC Approval and whatnot. Let us know what you decide to do.
     
  12. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    #12
    If you absolutely must have it now and money isn't a factor, get it now. The new version is rumored to be out by end of year. Then you can buy a new one. Or if you don't need whatever new features are *rumored* to be on the v2 iPhone, you can get one now. Or you can just get one now 'cause it's friggin awesome!!@!@!@!@!
     
  13. DoubleDutyG4 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    #13
    I'm waiting until the next version, mostly from a monetary perspective though. Can't say i'm thrilled to be paying 50 a month AT&T for just phone and txt msgs though. I'd rather have unlimited internet with the iphone.
     
  14. LordOmega macrumors newbie

    LordOmega

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2008
    #14
    I find myself in this very same situation. The concept of iphone ver. 2 while intriguing might not be worth the wait. I'm one of those people that wakes up every morning and says "I wish I had an Iphone" but I'm also thinking that once the ver.2 comes out there might be a price drop on the 8gb. Then again the ver.2 is probably going to be quite a bit more expensive than the current versions so I think I will buy one. Whether this version or the next, the Iphone is the single coolest thing ever! :D
     
  15. mlg32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    #15
    I give up

    Every day i think how awesome they are and how much i want one, i tried to resist the urges for a price drop and all,since i will be unlocking it and have a major attitude if it breaks on me, but I cannot wait any longer the stress is tearing me apart, ....lol, I will place my order in the morning or as soon as the next batch of refurbs comes in, I think having $50 saved and the item triple checked for quality are my best odds......
     
  16. mlg32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    #16
    I ordered my new iphone

    I went ahead and just ordered a new iphone instead of the refurb model, so if on thurs they lower the price to 399 for the 16gb will i be able to swap my 8gb, should I not open the box til thurs announcement?
     

Share This Page