I Want iLife '07

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cruzrojas, May 26, 2007.

1. cruzrojas macrumors member

cruzrojas

Does everyone forgot about iLife 07? I have been wating for it since I don't know when. Maybe apple just decided to skip it and go straight to iLife 08.

Does anyone know if iLife is comming at all?

Best Regards

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hasn't been forgotten, some people myself included think it might be integrated into Leopard.

It may have features that heavily depend on technologies inside Leopard so will be released with Leopard.

Think we will know more come WWDC.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

We'll find out more at WWDC on June 11th...some people speculate that it could be included in Leopard / only work on Leopard :)

4. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Expect to wait until October.

They may do away with the annual naming policy.

It will be built for Leopard and take advantage of key Leopard technology such as TimeMachine and Core Annimation.

Whether it will be backward compatible is open to debate.

We may see something this June at WWDC, although it is a developers conference and as such the audience may not be so interested in consumer apps (they may want to show off what Leopard can do though, so the next generations of iWork and iLife may be trotted out).

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i have just noticed maybe the "secret features" for leopard is ilife 07 ? who knows but just my 2 cents

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

There was an article on Think Secret (normally okish for rumours as these things go) saying Apple were tinkering with the idea of bundling either/or iLife and iWork with Leopard.

They did it with Panther (I think). iMovie, iTunes, iDVD and iPhoto were all on the installation disks.

I also think we may finally see Lasso (or whatever the name is for the new spreadsheet app is) in iWork Leopard Edition.

Basically you may not be too far off. The reason is, with Windows Vista all the Photo/DVD/Movie creation software is bundled in (proving you choose the right version). Although Apple bundle the iLife iWork package with all new Macs, they charge for upgrades on top of the OS.

It will save money (packaging/shipments/tracking/inventory/storage space) to bundle the whole package (particularly as/if iWork/iLife will be dependent on Leopard technology). Just expect to pay for it the €129/£99/$129 pricing has been around a while and I expect Apple to stick a few pounds on that this time around.

There will be some moaning, but everyone will buy it (pretty much).

Edit: As ghall points out it would be the steal of the century if they did Leopard + iLife for around $150-160. The last comment was more an observation on peoples ability to moan!

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I truly hope iLife is intergrated with Leopard. Also, if iWork is integrated into Leopard as well, that would totally trounce Vista (as if Vista isn't already trounced). Plus, it would save me $160. :rolleyes:

8. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

And I want Leopard already but we can't have everything can we?

9. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

10. warfa macrumors regular

I think it has to be included with leopard because if they release it seperatly in

october, it would be too close to 2008.

11. cruzrojas thread starter macrumors member

cruzrojas

The thing is, I don't want to upgrade to Leopard, at least not yet, I hope to get Leopard with a new mac.

But I'm wishing iLife will come with a better iWeb, I have iLife 05 now, I played around a little bit with iWeb because I'm really interested on it but it was lacking features I was expecting from a webpage maker, like the ability to modify the html code directly. If iLife 07 comes out with an improved iWeb I will buy it without thinking.

Best Regards

pd. I appreciate your replays.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

we all want iLife 07...or 08.....but, as they say, "good things come to those who wait"......we'll see

13. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

I bet apple had plans a long time ago to integrate iLife into leopard, but when things were delayed due to the iPhone, iLife was delayed too... which sucks. At least I get a nano!

14. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

The next iLife would be nice, but I'd prefer an updated iWork. I know, wait for it.

15. pavvento macrumors 6502

(new to macs), what are some of the things which will make ilife 07 better than 06??

16. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I'm betting on iWork 07 at WWDC

17. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

And I'm hoping that you win that bet.

18. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

And if you're wrong what do we get? :D

19. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I think you will have to buy Leopard to run the next version of iLife/iWork. May not be true, but I'm pretty sure of it.