I want installer...this is wack

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Tuckmonster, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tuckmonster macrumors regular

call me a spoiled brat, say what you will. I just love the freaking installer. Mxtube, summerboard, customize and all that good stuff....will these apps surface on cydia? I mean..... I love the fact I was able to jailbreak(thanks idev team) but now I just wish it was like the previous versions...

2. ViRGE macrumors member

Hold your horses. All of that stuff will be on Cydia once the authors can port their applications to the new firmware. Even if you had Installer it wouldn't do you any good since said applications would not run.

3. Pickoff macrumors member

And they won't all be coming to Cydia... Installer 4 is coming.

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

Am I going to have to re-jailbreak to get the new installer app?

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

thats the million dollar question. my guess is NO... you will have to ssh it. If you remember, back in the day, installer.app had to be PUT on jailbroken ipods/iphones. all the smart people who wrote the auto jailbreaks decided to include installer with it. it shouldnt be that big of a problem.

id also say give cydia a chance. its alot more stable than installer and serves as teh bsd subsystem... and is more stable (though it still crashes :)

we will see though :)

6. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I also find that Cydia is much faster refreshing and downloading than installer.app. How do you SSH the installer?

7. Templex macrumors regular

Those apps aren't available because they haven't been ported to 2.0, NOT because Installer is not available. Once those apps are ported, Cydia will undoubtedly carry them. Also, Cydia is a more versatile and powerful package management system compared to Installer.

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

i like cydia over installer. much faster refreshes, and it is verrrry nice!

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

add the same source from 1.1.4 to cydia and hope they work? or be patient and wait to see if they are ported

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

hopefully you will be able to install it through cydia....