Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afrmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a problem, i want to upgrade my ioS 7.0.4 to 7.1, but either my 3G or wifi works.

I´ve done 5 factory resets, and only after the 5th i was able to do the 1st thing a cellphone should be capable of, a phone call.

This is my 3rd refurbished iPhone, and this one spent 3 months in a drawer, cause since i changed to ioS 7 it stopped bieng a usable phone, due to a bunch of others bugs, that seems to be known by everybody, but nobody cares and can live with them except me, apparently.

So any solution for this, except factory reset or get a "new refurbished iPhone"?

I´ve heard some people have problems doing it through iTunes, honestly didn´t tried yet, i dont have iTunes installed on my computer, does it worth the effort?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
a little hard without more info on what is happening when you try and do the 7.l update?

afrmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
The problem is that without wifi, or 3G working, that are the most viable way to do it, i cant cause non of them works.

So is the iTunes the only option that rest right?

It was silly comming here without experiment all the possibilities... :rolleyes:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Hi guys,

I have a problem, i want to upgrade my ioS 7.0.4 to 7.1, but either my 3G or wifi works.

I´ve done 5 factory resets, and only after the 5th i was able to do the 1st thing a cellphone should be capable of, a phone call.

This is my 3rd refurbished iPhone, and this one spent 3 months in a drawer, cause since i changed to ioS 7 it stopped bieng a usable phone, due to a bunch of others bugs, that seems to be known by everybody, but nobody cares and can live with them except me, apparently.

So any solution for this, except factory reset or get a "new refurbished iPhone"?

I´ve heard some people have problems doing it through iTunes, honestly didn´t tried yet, i dont have iTunes installed on my computer, does it worth the effort?

Why is 3G or Wi Fi not working? These are not common issues.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Hi guys,

i had an iPhone 4 that had the wifi go and then the 3G stopped working, turns out the radios went bad...i think it may be happening to you

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I recommend a clean restore using iTunes, choose set up as new, do not restore to any backup. Test the phone immediately after activation - will tell if it's a hardware issue.

afrmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
The phone isn´t even registered, i gave up to do it after this 3rd refurbish, due to other problems bisides this 2 ones all my data was erased something like 10 times by my operator (vodafone), and do everything over and over again, even patiente people like me have limits :)

Ill try the iTunes anyways, didnt had time yet...

Btw just to put this even stranger, if i click on the shortcut (sliding my finger from bottom to top of the screen) wifi symbol turn out white, and say "wifi on", but if i go to settings, it appears off, and doesnt move, spent 5 minutes clicking on that button, nothing happen.... i was waiting for the trollface to appear on the screen lol

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
The phone isn´t even registered, i gave up to do it after this 3rd refurbish, due to other problems bisides this 2 ones all my data was erased something like 10 times by my operator (vodafone), and do everything over and over again, even patiente people like me have limits :)

Ill try the iTunes anyways, didnt had time yet...

Btw just to put this even stranger, if i click on the shortcut (sliding my finger from bottom to top of the screen) wifi symbol turn out white, and say "wifi on", but if i go to settings, it appears off, and doesnt move, spent 5 minutes clicking on that button, nothing happen.... i was waiting for the trollface to appear on the screen lol

So why exactly are you even trying? If it doesnt work (and it sounds like it doesnt) why do you care if its updated or not? Sounds like you have more problems with the device than having iOS 7.0.4 on it.

afrmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
I only want to try the 7.1 due to my last paragraph i wrote on the post before this one, it screams software bug... am i thinking wrong?

I strongly believe that all of my problems are related to software. The only reason i think like this is simple, before iOS7 never had a problem, as soon as i get iOS7, my trips to Vodafone started.

Thats why i want too get every update, since they made the return to iOS6 almost impossible to regular people, its the only chance i have :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.