I want landscape for my icons!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by marlman, Oct 7, 2013.

1. marlman macrumors regular

marlman

I love iOS 7 but there is one thing I think would make it better.

Landscape for the home screen. Am I the only one that thinks it would be awesome?

It always annoys me that when I come out of an app using landscape I have to turn the phone around to use it!

They can do it for the iPad so why not the iPhone?

2. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

there was a jailbreak tweak called iconrotator that I always installed...I loved it...and when ios7 gets jailbroken ill be installing it again!

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

word....I wonder why they just can't rotate them all 90-degrees and just flip the dock to the left or right side depending on which way it is turned?

4. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I will never understand why people want functions that are small but use resources.

5. hrrslmpk macrumors member

This!! I have never understood this either... I personally would much rather have something that uses virtually ZERO resources and is quite useful such as Quick Reply & Offline Siri or something that can be made to use a small amount of resources and could potentially be proven to be VERY useful such as an Active Listening Siri..

6. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Isn't it like this on an iPad? Sorry, I'm still using a first gen iPad so I don't know.

7. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Every time I want more and more. I go back and watch Apple's 2007 iPhone keynote. The way it was introduced as a simple to use device. Thats why I like mac and ios. I don't need more unless it is useful.

8. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Yes. It would be nice if the iPhone had landscape icons to be consistent with the iPad.

9. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Resources? They have this programmed this way for the iPad. Why would it be much different for the iPhone?

10. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Ipad is about 90% battery.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

lmao at the people saying it will consume lots of resources and drain the battery lmao

12. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Everything uses resource... Simple rotation won't kill your battery.... Sign... You rotate all the time when you browsing right?

You can force Android phone on stay none landscape mode without root or jailbreak.... That is sweet of Android... /s

13. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Hah...and I was assuming people weren't that dumb to claim battery resources...I thought some were talking about Apple using their resources instead of working on maps or some other "issue."

14. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

And at the same time, you can deal with Android's atrocious battery management. My Samsung Galaxy couldn't make **** with a full battery at all. My iPhone 4 however, can lost at least 3 or 4 times longer than that Galaxy did.

15. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Everything uses battery. The phone is only 4 inches and has no need to rotate icons. It would be a gimmick that just isn't worth it.

16. Nanasaki, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

No it does not matter, battery impact is really not much. It isn't gimmick, people needs phone stay on landscape: 1) When your browsing the web 2) the most importantly, watching videos. I want the phone able to lock into landscape position when I watching the video.

Blurring effect, AirDrop, parallax kills more battery than simple rotation. The real gimmick is parallax effect on iOS 7.

----------

I don't know about you... My Nexus 4 easily stay for the full day where my 4S only goes as long as 5 hours ever since iOS 7.

And by the way, your statement does not show anything. It doesn't show how well your iPhone battery actually is. You also did not tell me which Galaxy model? Is it Galaxy S2, S3, S4 or Galaxy Note I, Note 2, Note 3 or Galaxy Nexus? As far as I can tell, Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2, Note 3 gets great battery life.

17. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I turn parallax off. It's also not needed. I owned a nexus 4 and had to turn everything off for it to get me through work. Rotating icons is useless.