i want MBP :-(

Midgetinabikini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
202
23
but i cant buy becuse pepole keep telling me that there's gonna be new version in few weeks.

how sure are you about the new version?

few pepole even want to buy linda for 8000 nis (around 1500USD) but i cant sell it before i get the MBP.
 

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
767
0
Midgetinabikini said:
few pepole even want to buy linda for 8000 nis (around 1500USD) but i cant sell it before i get the MBP.
I'm going to assume that your current computer's name is linda, and you're not running a mail-order bride business :p

It's quite certain that there will be at very least a speed bump (into Core 2) in the near future, if not enough to constitute a "rev." Mostly sure it'll be before the first couple weeks of September, although recent news suggests it might even be as early as the next couple days.
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
Mad Jew is right as usual. I don't know why everyone is like "oooh I'm going to wait until Merom comes out, even if it means failing my GCSEs over it". Merom is nothing special. It's a TINY improvement over the current CoreDuo processors. Most people will never notice a difference!
 

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
767
0
Killyp said:
Mad Jew is right as usual. I don't know why everyone is like "oooh I'm going to wait until Merom comes out, even if it means failing my GCSEs over it". Merom is nothing special. It's a TINY improvement over the current CoreDuo processors. Most people will never notice a difference!
Yeah, after seeing Anandtech's evalution, Merom's not that great over Yonah. But it's still worth it to wait a couple days, as current rev MBPs are definitely going to drop in value once the new ones come out, and why not save some green by just sitting around for a week?
 

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
2,537
0
England
All very valid points here. If you urgently need one, go for it. If you can sit tight for 3 weeks (give or take), then you can get your MBP and not have to worry about any other MBP outpacing you for a good few months before this exact same thread pops up again :p
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
People are mad. Get what you need, when you need it. Technology will always improve and whatever you buy will eventually be outdated. :)

My policy as well, if you need a new computer now, then buy one now. Merom will be faster, but not by much. :)
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
Palad1 said:
just don't get a rev. A

héhéhé same old discussions ;)

Not all Rev A products have problems (take my MacBook Pro for example), they just tend to have a higher percentage of units with problems then Rev B models. :)
 

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
1,551
21
Killyp said:
Mad Jew is right as usual. I don't know why everyone is like "oooh I'm going to wait until Merom comes out, even if it means failing my GCSEs over it". Merom is nothing special. It's a TINY improvement over the current CoreDuo processors. Most people will never notice a difference!
it's not just about merom. let's wait and see if the case gets a slight redesign such as magnetic latch, user replaceable hard drive, etc., etc.

glad i haven't bought a mbp yet...
 

azzurri000

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2005
307
0
Perhaps one will debut tomorrow with merom... if you buy from the Apple Store you should be fine.
 

jvan

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2006
45
0
wait for it..

it's a core 2 duo... it's not just an update... it's totally new.... just wiat :D
 

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
10,626
2,764
Bay Area
tekmoe said:
it's not just about merom. let's wait and see if the case gets a slight redesign such as magnetic latch, user replaceable hard drive, etc., etc.

glad i haven't bought a mbp yet...
and a new GPU... there's more to a laptop than the processor.

I say wait. A few weeks (or days) patience will get you something that will last you six months longer on the other end and probably have some nice new features.
 

tedrjr03

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
174
0
If you need it now buy it,if you can wait then do it, i would suggest waiting because you will probaly regret not waiting just a little time
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
Yeah, I second the "wait of you can", but I also got something new:D

All the little stuff you will notice except new G/CPU.
1: 8x DL SuperDrive in 15", is very probable in the next generation, and though it may not mean much to many people, it's a big difference 4x vs. 8x, and also the DL capability can come in handy.
2: Magnetic latch. If the screen is not too wobbly, Apple will most probably put a magnetic latch into the next generation. I love my MB latch! Though it takes same amout of time opening, it saves you a lot of time closing the lappy.
3: Trackpad on 15". If you desire to right click on the 15", you'll have to reach for the control key, and can't just keep two fingers on the pad, and then click. This is a little annoyance, that I would hate to have.
4: The extras. The next gen. may also consider many new sweet features. Who knows what Apple will come up with, but there might be larger HDD's, FW800 in the 15", better speakers/mic/iSight, brighter screen, ExpressCard/54 slot, 17" may be 0.9" thin and so on.

Conclusion: Wait...:D
 

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
3,990
262
Denmark
Josias said:
3: Trackpad on 15". If you desire to right click on the 15", you'll have to reach for the control key, and can't just keep two fingers on the pad, and then click. This is a little annoyance, that I would hate to have.
Actually, the MacBook Pro has been able to do this since the 10.4.7 update. ;)
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
Pressure said:
Actually, the MacBook Pro has been able to do this since the 10.4.7 update. ;)
Oh, didn't know:p

But I forgot to tell you about the joy that is integrated keyboard:D

Also better batterylife. The 15" may be upgraded to 68 Wh as the 17".

Nå, det vidste jeg ikke:p

Men jeg glemte at fortælle om glæden ved integreret tastatur:D

Også længere batteritid. 15-tommeren bliver måske opgraderet til 68 Wh ligesom 17'eren.
 

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
3,990
262
Denmark
Josias said:
Nå, det vidste jeg ikke:p

Men jeg glemte at fortælle om glæden ved integreret tastatur:D

Også længere batteritid. 15-tommeren bliver måske opgraderet til 68 Wh ligesom 17'eren.
Actually using a MacBook as we speak as my MacBook Pro is in for repair.

Hopefully it will be finished this coming week.
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,566
95
No of course not :p But if your like me (and cant' wait who doesn't really need the update) I say buy now. But if you have more patience than me or you are a high end user wait and bite your fingernails till then!

gauchogolfer said:
Yeah, take it from viccles, who never wavers about any MBP buying decision :rolleyes:

Just teasing, of course :)
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
QCassidy352 said:
and a new GPU... there's more to a laptop than the processor.

I say wait. A few weeks (or days) patience will get you something that will last you six months longer on the other end and probably have some nice new features.

I agree, an improved GPU would be a more important thing to wait for than just Merom. :)
 

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
3,990
262
Denmark
dmw007 said:
I agree, an improved GPU would be a more important thing to wait for than just Merom. :)
Not going to happen. There haven't been any new graphic cards made specifically for the mobile segment that can replace the Mobility X1600.

We will most likely see a replacement when graphic chips move to 65nm process.