I want pictures, not dumb effects!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jknight8907, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

A wee bit of a rant here.....

I'm looking for a house to buy. I'm using Google Map's real estate feature at this point to get an idea of what's available in the areas I'm looking at. A lot of the listings on there link to www.visualtour.com, where there's info and pictures. All great right? NO.

Whatever imbeciles designed the visualtour website decided that it'd be cool to force you to see all pictures with a 'ken burns' effect. No option to turn it off. So instead of being able to study the details of the kitchen, for example, the picture is zooming out and panning across the screen constantly. :mad: I just want to see the pictures. I don't want 'cool' effects or anything. Just. Pictures.

2. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I agree thoroughly. I even hate it in iMovie when it tries to but the KB effect on EVERYTHING.

3. samiwas macrumors 65816

When you get to the picture you want to look at, click the magnifying glass and then click + or -. It puts the static picture there for you to pan around. Granted, not what I want to do for every picture, but a start for you.

4. addaminsane macrumors member

addaminsane

this is the case with many things on the web. overdone. Alot of websites are so flashy and try to look cool to the point where they give me a headache. This is obviously why facebook became so popular fast.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I hate it. Every now and then when I come across a site that still has separate dial-up and broadband versions, I choose the dial-up version because I know the broadband version is just going to be an attempt to see how much Javascript, Flash and Java applets you can put on one page until the browser crashes.