Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by tekmoe, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

    Feb 12, 2005
    just expressing my want for a new updated 17" powerbook.


    i want it so bad, i can taste it. i can feel it in my hands, burning with desire. the aluminum is so cold yet so hot. the little fan kicks on when i push it to the max, yet it keeps on chuggin' like thomas the train. i can make it sing and do a little dance when needed, and i know it will always be there by my side.


    ok, dream over.

    apple, please release new powerbooks. kthx. =)
  2. Raidersmojo macrumors regular

    Jul 3, 2005
    Burton michigan
    if you want one that bad then buy the one thats out right now!

    I feel your pain though man I'm waiting for that powerbook release too :(
  3. wdlove macrumors P6


    Oct 20, 2002
    It will just depend on how long you are willing to wait. Best to purchase what you need when you have the need. There will always be updates coming. This update isn't expected to be all that much anyway. The sooner you purchase the sooner that you can enjoy your PowerBook.
  4. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

    Feb 12, 2005
    i wish i "needed" one. but i only want one. thus, i have not bought yet because i am waiting for the update.

  5. Village macrumors member

    Feb 3, 2003
    Austin, Tejas
    Same here, I only "wanted" a Powerbook, but needed some machine in the next couple weeks for travel. With an update no-show at Paris last week I broke down and bought a nice IBM Thinkpad T43. Maybe I'll try again next year after my tax refunds. :(
  6. Chrispy macrumors 68020


    Dec 27, 2004
    The T43 has a 7200RPM Hard Drive as an option if I'm not mistaken... very sweet!
  7. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

    Feb 12, 2005
    the new t43's are awesome. i have a t42 (work) and it rules. i throw it around and it has held up great.
  8. bursty macrumors 65816


    Jan 31, 2004
    I'm so happy with my purchase. I bought my PB two years ago and they've hardly changed since. Everyone kept telling me to wait for the G5 PB's. Glad I didnt do that. :D
  9. KittenKrusher macrumors regular

    Jul 24, 2005
    I got tired of waiting and just got my 17" PB a week ago.
  10. zap2 macrumors 604


    Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    DO IT it will still be a good laptop but if u all ready have a laptop ir computer( a newish one) wait it out, if its ur first apple go get it NOW
  11. iEdd macrumors 68000


    Aug 8, 2005
    Yeah but you just don't want to be kicking yourself when you could save a few hundred bucks or get another model by waiting one more week.. (It's happened to me before.. believe me, wait for the next revision after waiting this long already)
  12. Nereus macrumors member

    Sep 13, 2005
    Uppsala, Sweden
    I'm beginning to loose hope, and soon I will be in a position when I not only just want a 15" PB, but need one. This will be my very first Mac, and I know I wont be that disappointed if an update comes in a while. Should I wait or should I rush to the store and buy one immediately?
  13. jsw Moderator emeritus


    Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Wow. A PB porn letter. I wonder if Penthouse would be interested....

  14. wide macrumors 6502a

    May 17, 2004
    are you sure your hands aren't burning because that g5 is so hottt???
  15. macam macrumors regular

    Sep 6, 2005
    Greater London, UK
    I want my powerbook badly too!!!!

    So, I'm like so waiting for the new updates to the powerbook so that I can get my 12" Powerbook.... I was so desperately hoping that it would be this Tuesday! But I'm getting used to disappointment! I went to Paris Expo = paid for tickets (Eurostar) then they announced that there was no Keynote! But I did get to see Jobs roaming around... (And I am sure that we were supposed to pay like 12€ to get in - but we so didn't!) We walked around for ages just hoping that they would announce the PB Upgrades while we were there! :( NO UPGRADES! So like how long is everyone willing to wait? - cause my will power is getting VERY weak. I don't think I can last much longer. Jobs man... tell me your plan... I won't tell anyone... honest! ;)
  16. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

    Feb 12, 2005
    i guess you need to define "need" for yourself. if you don't get it, does it mean you will lose your job? or will you lose money? or will you lose something? if nothing will be lost because you don't get your powerbook right now, i would say wait.

    waiting sucks, but in the end, it should be worth it. even if it's the most moddest upgrade, it's still an upgrade.
  17. eflaten macrumors newbie

    Sep 9, 2005
    will buy the ibook

    I think I will go for the ibook. its nearly as good as the pb (ibook 14 and pbook 15 inch.) and the prize is almost half.

Share This Page