I want PUSH; can I have it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steven Jackson, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

I was really excited about the possibility of Push apps when they were first announced, but so far I can't find anything that I would use that offers the service.

I mainly use my iPhone to mimic how I use my desktop computer. My most used apps are Tweetie, Feeds, and Things. All of these would benefit from Push functionality, but none of them are ever going to get it (for obvious reasons).

I play very few games on my phone (though I love Doodle Jump), and can find very few apps that I would actually use frequently (I just can't see a need for IM on my phone).

My other apps are: ConvertBot, eBay Mobile, Mobile Allowance, Remote, Skype, WeightBot, Wikipanion Plus, and 1Password.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a PUSH app that works well that I might use?

Steve.

2. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the list; it's very useful to have these apps listed in one place. It just confirms, however, that there's nothing there for me...

Steve.

3. adster macrumors regular

You say you use Tweetie. Do you have Tweetie for the iPhone? If so, did you look at the Boxcar app with Push for Tweetie? Seems you could use that...

4. The General macrumors 601

And just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that you want ConvertBot to push to you?

"You have a new conversion waiting for you." :confused:

5. iphoneloverus macrumors newbie

Try Pageonce Personal Assistant premium

You can add your O2 account and it will push alerts to your phone once you are close to your limit or when a bill is due.
    You can also try Mobile Minute Tracker for O2 - it does not have push yet, but this is on the way.