I want really want a small tablet but..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tiiim, Oct 25, 2012.

1. tiiim macrumors regular

...for the first time ever I am seriously considering switching to non iOS. I really do not want to as I have a Mac and iPhone 5 and Apple tv and like them all. But I want a small tablet for browsing, videos and reading and I just thinking the mini is over priced for what you get.

I understand the eco-system argument. But for last 2 days just been bouncing around yes or no arguments. My biggest sticking point is the screen. When your used to a retina screen I don't know if the iPad mini is going to be annoying to read on. The other issue is the RAM, will it really have enough?
    After the mix reactions to the mini have a feeling next year model will be a lot more better. I really dunno what to do. It makes sense to get the mini due eco-system and integration. But at same time feel I'm just burning money to get one. :(

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I'm going to order one and if the screen sucks I'll return it. I have a Nexus 7 which I like but like you I have iMac, Mac book Air, iPhone.

3. ebelp macrumors member

I use an iPhone and a Macbook Pro, both with the Retina Displays all day at work and come home to a 1st gen iPad that I use to browse the net, Slingbox, etc. The inferior screen of my iPad doesn't bother me a bit. I still think it's bright and sharp. I can't imagine turning on my iPad Mini for the first time and going, "omg, this display is garbage!". You'll be happy with the Mini...you're thinking about it too much. :D

4. tiiim thread starter macrumors regular

I think I might have to order and see. I really want one.

5. ebelp macrumors member

6. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Don't forget that the iPad mini screen will be about 25% better than the original iPad and iPad 2. 163 PPI vs 132.

7. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I agree with both of these, except I do not have a rMBP...

I have the iPad 2, and I have never had any issue at all with the display quality. I sold TV's during all 4 years of college, one consequence of that... is that I became EXTREMELY picky when it comes to picture quality (audio too).

So, I am really surprised by the fact that I have no issue with not having a retina display on the iPad. My biggest issue is that I love to read... So I would prefer to have a traditional Kindle with E-Ink for reading instead of my iPad.

8. aka777 macrumors 6502a