Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echo44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
So
I have decided I want the 6 and the 6 plus. The 6 and the 6 plus.
the 6 for going out at night where i keep it in my pocket and the 6 plus for work.
AT&T told me I can forward the phone calls from one phone to the other.
But what happens to text messages?
Lets say both phones are signed in using the same apple ID
similar to an iPad both phones should receive iMessage but will the text which do not arise from i message transfer similar to the phone calls?

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
So
the 6 for going out at night where i keep it in my pocket and the 6 plus for work.
similar to an iPad both phones should receive iMessage but will the text which do not arise from i message transfer similar to the phone calls?

You can do whatever you want. But, having both phones and trying to use them for different situation will cause a major headache for you. Also, you cannot have two active phones with the same SIM card. It's not possible. Yes, ATT can forward your calls to another phone. But, each of your iPhones will have a different number.

Your iPhone 6 and your Plus will have two separate phone numbers. iMessages might go through but normal texts will not. I know because my company uses ATT and several employees have two phones. What you're looking for does not exist - currently.

And, to be perfectly honest you're making your life more complicated trying to use both phones. It's not hard just to use one of them.

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
So

If you are just worried about whether or not the phone fits in your pockets, try out a Galaxy Note at your carrier's store (or wait until demo 6+s are available tomorrow). I tried a Galaxy Note in my pocket, and I don't have a problem with the pants I wear (not especially big pockets, but the pants are not tight).

What you are suggesting to do sounds expensive and a major headache. You are right that you can forward one phone to the other, but I don't think there is any way to forward non-iMessage SMS.

echo44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Thanks!

Its to bad there isn't a simpler solution as it would be great benefit to Apple as I am sure there are many people out there who would buy both phones resulting in more sales.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Thanks!

Its to bad there isn't a simpler solution as it would be great benefit to Apple as I am sure there are many people out there who would buy both phones resulting in more sales.

Why can't you just move the sim from one to the other?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks!

No. I don't think there are many people who would buy two phones to use for one person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.