I want this headphone... does it exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tlbwriter, Aug 25, 2009.

1. tlbwriter macrumors regular

I don't like earbuds, so I used to use clip-on headphones/earphones like these, which I love (not this particular brand, but the style):

[​IMG]

However, I can't find any with a mic for the iPhone. Does such a thing exist?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

what's the big deal with the mike

I have headphones I like but it has no mike. :( I get a call unplug one ear answer like normal. put the headphone bacj in go back to listening to music. the Iphone has the ability to recognize if you have a mike on your headset and allows you to answer like normal even though the headphones are still plugged in. I guess that is just another tthat make it a smart phone. :p

3. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Correct me if I'm wrong but the iPhone should still work with regular headphones, audio will come from the regular mic, just gotta pull it out of your pocket.

4. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

I just saw a BT Plantronics set in yesterday's buy.com sale email. The two earbuds are connected via wire to the BT transmitter, though.

5. tlbwriter thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but that's not what I want. I want all of the function of the earbuds that came with the phone, I just want them on a clip-on earphone instead.

6. redcrow240 macrumors member

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Plantronics 855s. Like $40 but way underpriced. Get a pair, be happy.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

agreed

I bought mine on sale for $30 shipped :D I use it far more then any headphones and the best part is having both single BT and Stereo My work frowns on any type of headset sometimes I can get away with a single but never stereo but as soon as I get off work two seconds latter I'm stereo! :cool: sound quality is perfect but certainly not bad I like the freedom it gives compared to dangling cords.

9. tlbwriter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Redcrow, that looks like it could work.

I'm sure the Plantronics are nice, but like I said, I don't like earbuds.

10. jparris1 macrumors regular

I use some sony's in that form factor with a retractable cable. I pair t hem with the Shure Music Phone adapter. That way I get the mic and button, and I can use the retractable cable to get just the right cord length.

11. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

12. tlbwriter thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's exactly what I want... I guess there's no reason to hope it would work with the 3Gs, is there? :(

13. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I don't see why it wouldn't. The headphone jack hasn't changed from the 3G to the 3Gs.

Those should work fine.

14. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

could write to them and ask, hell its cheap enough to just try and pray...

Honestly though, they prob not going to sound great...im a avid headphoner (head-fi.org) and i think you would be COMPLETELY SHOCKED if you got a adpater and a pair of KOSS KSC75 from radio shack...they will run about 15-16$ plus tax, adapter is about 20$ + tax. For about 40$ you will be blown away by how much they will sound better..

Im a audio snob...i have nothing but lossless in my phone and on my ipod.