I want to add another hard drive to my MacPro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mittens, May 27, 2010.

1. Mittens macrumors newbie

But I'm having issues find any. I think I need a 3.5" SATA II . All I'm able to find are just SATA...or do "they" just not put the II. Any recommendations?

2. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Not to be rude but how in the world do you "use" a Mac Pro and not even understand sata l or sata ll?

Buy any of the current SATA drives - should not be an issue.

3. Mittens thread starter macrumors newbie

lol I've never fiddled with macs before. You aren't being rude. Thanks for the info though.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Actually, he was being rude. I wouldn't be surprised if most Mac Pro users aren't familiar with the distinction.

Anyway, "SATA II" is a relatively uncommon moniker, all you need to look for is a drive that says "SATA 3.0Gb/s"

5. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

SATA ll is a common moniker. It is everywhere. And if the OP did not understand SATA l / ll I'm not sure 1.5 Gb/s vs 3.0 Gb/s would have cleared things up any better.

6. Mittens thread starter macrumors newbie

You guys are awesome, thanks for everything, going out later to buy one :D

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Mittens - I did not notice your "newbie" status - so welcome to MacRumors - lots of really knowledgeable people with experience / advice to help you. And yes - there will be some banter here and there - but don't let that discourage you from wading in.