I want to backup my iTunes library, delete all songs from my iphone, then rebuild

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by th3g1z, Nov 16, 2009.

1. th3g1z macrumors newbie

Basically somehow my iTunes got jacked up.. just the music part of it.. Anyway, they are all songs from my CDs or mp3's, but just as a failsafe, I would like to backup my entire iTunes library to my external hdd.

I would then like to delete all the songs from my iTunes, and from my iPhone. *edit* figure'd out how to remove all the songs from my iphone.. just unchecked all songs and sync'd.. now I just need to backup itunes and delete everything from it, then reput what I want back into itunes and resync.. sweet

After which, I would like to rebuild my iTunes library using my mp3's and CD's and basically start from scratch.. so that this time around I can properly name songs/albums/artwork/etc

Then I want to take this new iTunes library, and fill my iPhone back up with my new Library in Itunes..

so basically I just want to backup my itunes just incase for some reason I cannot find a particular CD or mp3 in my collection.

Can someone tell me the easiest way I can do this please. I thank you so much in advance.

Just for the record, I am using a Mac Mini running Snow Leopard 10.6.2, and I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB running the latest 3.1.2 firmware (jailbroken using blackra1n rc3)

2. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Just drag the whole iTunes folder from your Music folder to an external drive. If you want to load the music library next time, just hold option when launching iTunes and point iTunes to the folder you backed up. That's all folks!