I want to browse my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hibanzai, Oct 30, 2011.

1. hibanzai macrumors member

I need an app that enables me to browse my iPhone and view all folders and all apps, and their respective storage folders. Files and whatever garbage I have forgot to discard,etc..

I have recently transferred media to a player app storage folder, but I seem to have transferred them to the wrong folder and now I can't locate them. They're biggish files too.

DiskAid doesn't show a thing for some reason, and iTunes either. But am really looking for an app I can use on my iPhone. I have FileApp, iFileExplorer, but neither can browse my entire iPhone. They each have independent storage folders that I can't browse beyond.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can only do this if you are jailbroken. iFile is the app you want, not iFiles.

3. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

Guess I have to wait for a JB for the 4s. :) thanks will keep that in mind. Is it free?

Just checked the appstore for iFile. It's japanese... is that the one you are talking about? or there's another iFile in Cydia?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Iphone explorer lets you access the apps folder and media folder

6. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

And would any of those apps mentioned allow you to copy/cut and paste files from one folder to another. Perhaps even rename files and folders?

7. mstrze macrumors 68000

How did you manage to transfer those media files to a folder without already being jailbroken?:confused:

8. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

iPhone explorer will let you cut and paste from one folder to another in the apps part. not sure on media it may let you make new ones.

9. hibanzai thread starter macrumors member

I didn't. Not with an app at least.