i want to buy a mac, but should i wait for leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dane1127, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. dane1127 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Location:
    Las Vegas, NV
    #1
    so have made the decision to purchase my first mac...but since leopard is coming out in about 6 weeks or so, should i wait?
     
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    #2
    Yes, I think you should wait if you don't need a new one urgently.
     
  3. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

    dartzorichalcos

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Location:
    Atlantis
    #3
    Also wait for Santa Rosa platform if you are going to wait. Apple might implement Santa Rosa platform in their computers right away when Santa Rosa is released. Apple did implement a new 3Ghz Clovertown chip for the Mac Pro and no other computer manufactures are using the new chip yet.
     
  4. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    #4
    I wouldn't buy anything before June. Besides the Mac Pro, I think we are going to see a revamp of Apple's entire lineup.
     
  5. edenwaith macrumors 6502a

    edenwaith

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2001
    #5
    Yes, wait.

    Congratulations on your decision to purchase a Mac, I hope you enjoy it.

    I agree with the other posters. I am hoping that I will be able to purchase a new Mac this year, but I am waiting for Leopard to come out first, so I won't have to pay extra to upgrade to it. There is the additional bonus that hopefully the next version of the iLife suite will come out around the same time as Leopard as well. And if things go really well, there might even be a new iMac by the time Leopard is released, which is the Mac I'd like to purchase.
     
  6. Manfred macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #6
    I sure wish that Apple would hurry up. I am limping along on an ancient Dell with Windows 2000 professional. I have to get on my laptop to get on the net and do email. Everytime I try something to make that old Dell work better it gets worse.

    I think that I can hang on until June, but it is going to be tough. I am determined to wait until we get new imac hardward, OS, and probably iWork07 (or whatever they are going to call it).
     
  7. giganten macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    #7
    Wait if you don’t need a new computer right now.
     
  8. Keebler macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    #8
    i say wait, but if you need it to make money..then don't.

    i have a pile of projects sitting here to be finished so i'm about to pull the trigger. i don't think leopard's out in six weeks..more like 12 (june), but i'm at least waiting until after NAB...just in case. :)
     
  9. jng macrumors 65816

    jng

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Location:
    Germany
    #9
    i wish people would just do a search instead of posting the question that's been asked a million times before...
     
  10. Shaker macrumors member

    Shaker

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    #10

    In a word...Yes.
     

Share This Page