I want to buy a MacBook Pro 15''

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Croads32, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Croads32 macrumors newbie

This is my first Thread ever!

So I want to buy a Macbook pro 15'' and I dont know if I should wait or not. I been reading the the buyer's Guide and it says dont buy But when will they bring out the new ones. Im looking to buy with in two months or so. And I dont know much about the Macbook so I kinda want someone to tell me whats the best Hard drive and the best memory. Im think about just getting the 4GB memory, 250GB hard drive and 2.53GHz. Will that be good enought? I want it to run fast.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Like in every other "want to buy ..." thread, we need to know for what do you want to use the MBP.

If it's only surfing the web, composing emails and writings some essays, a MacBook would be fine. If it is something else, ....

Use MRoogle (my signature) to search for many similar topics.

Also there is no known date of any MBP update. If you can wait, wait. If not, buy.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It will be enough. You can make lots of new threads with that particular machine! Welcome aboard!

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

If all you want is web surfing just buy the current one, even for picture editing or light video editing the current one is fine. The next MBP will be a hardware upgrade and I dont think it will be as great as everyone thinks.

And despite what others seem to think I highly doubt we will see a MBP upgrade before WWDC

5. Croads32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well Im going to use if for school so I need some kind of word or something. And Ill use it for making video's, web. Im sick of the SOS dell i have...
    I thought about getting IWORK but i dont know if i can still do all the stuff that i do on Mirosoft Office

6. Croads32 thread starter macrumors newbie