I want to buy a refurb'd iMac...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MST, Jan 22, 2008.

1. MST macrumors 6502

MST

...but there's none in the UK refurb store, GRRR :mad:

2. sailortena macrumors newbie

You should just keep checking back every couple of days or so. Their online stock always changes.

Case in point, last week I ordered an imac refurb (24", 2.8 ghz for $1949). The day before the model I wanted wasn't listed, and the day after it was sold out.

3. MST thread starter macrumors 6502

MST

After getting into work at 05:30 this morning I thought I'd try my luck in the refurb store, with literally minutes to spare before leaving the office I managed to bag a 20" alu iMac for the princely sum of £699.99. I'm glad I got there when I did because I can't seem to get into the refurb store at all now!

4. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Back when the SR MBPs first rolled out, I nabbed mine refurbished early in the AM (EST). I wasn't able to find it refurbed again for at least a few days after.

5. Senor360 macrumors regular

Senor360

Same here..

The refurb road will be the one I'm taking also. Can't beat the savings, and with so many people talking favorably about refurbs, might as well give it a try.

6. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

The key is to purchase in the early morning time. By the afternoon, most are usually gone. BTW, my iMac was a refurb and the difference between a new model was not noticeable. It's been extremely reliable, and I saved $300 compared to the new model.