iPod touch I want to buy touch 5g but...

Psycna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Firstly, I have 4g.

I did not shop at apple store before because I live in the country that don't have apple store. But for some reasons I will go to USA in weeks and I want to buy 5g at apple store. I am just wondering if I give my 4g back to the store, will I get any discount, price cut, rebate or something like that on the ipod touch 5's price?

sorry for my eng, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say...:)

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I am just wondering if I give my 4g back to the store, will I get any discount, price cut, rebate or something like that on the ipod touch 5's price?
Of the major retailers in the US where you're likely to find an iPod touch 5g to buy, the only one I know that gives in-store discounts for trading in old iPods is the Apple Store, and it's only a 10% discount meant for recycling very old iPods (vs. throwing them away).

You might be able to sell it to a video game store like Game Stop, but then again, I don't think you'll get anything near what the the actual worth of your iPod is.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Firstly, I have 4g.

I did not shop at apple store before because I live in the country that don't have apple store. But for some reasons I will go to USA in weeks and I want to buy 5g at apple store. I am just wondering if I give my 4g back to the store, will I get any discount, price cut, rebate or something like that on the ipod touch 5's price?

sorry for my eng, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say...:)
If you have a friend in the states - sent him a couple of pics and have them place the 4G on craigslist - you will get twice what any company will give you for a trade-in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.