I want to do webcam and screen share like youtube tutorials.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacGurl111, Mar 21, 2010.

1. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I was on youtube and I saw a gentleman who was sharing his desktop in the video and in the lower right corner there is a small box that showed him. It was a tutorial. I would like to do something like this for a school project. I want to be able to share my screen and still have others be able to see me.

However, I was trying to google it and couldn't find what I was looking. I tried typing in "screen sharing and webcam". That didn't work and tried to rephrase it a few times!! Can anyone help me? What program did they use? Can I use my imovie 09, is there a tutorial for it? I went to Apple.com and looked at all the imovie tutorial.. maybe I missed something? :confused::confused: Thanks so much.

Something like this if you can't understand what I'm trying to say. :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3Ei57rRfc

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

The easiest way would be to use Quicktime X (if you have Snow Leopard) to record the screen, and open up Photo Booth for the Webcam, and just make your video.

3. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Camtasia Studio and Screen flow are incredible. Also if you're going mac to mac you can use iChat for screen sharing if not Gotomeeting is another great source I recommend. Hope this helps.