I want to get a job with Apple. What certification is required?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by edward87, Dec 6, 2011.

1. edward87 macrumors newbie

If i want to work for Apple, what should i do? Do i need to get some Apple certifications?

2. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

What field do you want to do? Retail? Engineering? Sales? HR? Just like any job, you'll need a degree and meet whatever criterion is listed for your position of choice.

Take a look at listings and apply at: http://jobs.apple.com

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Apple Retail? Just be 18 and in college or with a college degree, smart and friendly, and willing to toe the company line.

Apple Corporate (engineering, marketing, etc)? Be really, really smart, with a really good degree, and know someone who works there.

I think you can see which is easier.

jW

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

And people tell me it's tough getting a job at Apple in their development shop, so simple certifications and even a college degree don't guarantee a job.

5. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

Retail? Eighteen years old and friendly. You don't have to know jack squat. I applied for a job with Apple Retail. They invited me to a recruiting seminar. I clearly knew more than anyone else their. A few days later they told me they weren't interested. Why? I'm seventeen. They have certain legal issues to look after (confidentiality agreements, mostly), so you need to be eighteen or over.

6. edward87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any Apple workers here?

I am curious to know whether there are any people who work at Apple company. I want to work at Apple but what kind of certification should i get?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on what kind of work you want to specialize in. You'll have better luck contacting Apple directly, as this forum isn't affiliated with Apple.

For more info: Training and Certification