I want to get a new iPod...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LOLZpersonok, Oct 30, 2012.

1. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

I think this is the best fitting forum for this thread, but of course like all humans, I'm not perfect.

I have never purchased anything in person at the Apple Store. I want to head over to the Market Mall Apple Store and get a new iPod Nano and I need a couple of questions answered.

I purchased all my Apple products either online, at London Drugs or on Kijiji. I have never gone to the physical Apple Store and bought anything.

I am 15 years old in Alberta, Canada. Am I able to buy stuff there on my own? I'm planning on going after school.

Can I pay in Cash? I was paid in cash to fix several computers for my very lovely (and seemingly wealthy!) neighbors.

Will there be any additional charges, especially for the Product Red iPod Nano? It is $150 (Without additional costs) and I currently have $230 in cash.

Don't tell me to wait, save, and get the new iPod Touch...I already have a 4th Gen and all I use it for now is music, a couple apps (Which I don't often use) and the odd video here and there. That's why I'm getting the Nano. Plus I'm impulsive.

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I'm in the US, but I wouldn't be surprised if my answers were valid.
    Yes. They don't ask for your age. You got money? Good enough for them!
    Yes. Apple stores accept cash.
    The price is what it is. If it's listed as $150, then it's $150. If you have $230, then that surely is enough! Of course, don't forget tax! I'm assuming Canada has tax :)

3. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Thanks! Now...How do I buy it? Like do I go into the store and ask someone if I wanna buy an iPod? Or do I go to that counter at the back?

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Either, or! Though I do believe the people at the counter actually have different purposes than to help with purchases (aka they're not sales people, more like 'genius' people). I was a very introverted 15 year old, but don't be afraid to ask someone (or anyone)... their job is to answer your questions and if they can't, they'll direct you to the right person that can. It's very simple and very fast.

Optionally, you might be able to just order online for in-store pickup! That's even faster! But, I actually think you have to pay for that online (with a credit or debit card), so that might not be an option if you only have cash. I'd look into it just in case though!

Good luck!

5. LOLZpersonok, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Cool, thanks! Oh...one more question...will I be allowed to bring my backpack into the store since I plan on going after school? Going home and then leaving my backpack would be too much of a hassle since I legally can't drive on my own yet and therefore must take a bus.

6. ZacT94 macrumors regular

You'd be able to bring your backpack in, they'd just need to check it when you leave the store.

7. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Cool, thanks for the help. Just purchased one and now am loading my music on it :)

8. ZacT94 macrumors regular

How is it? I haven't had the Nano since the 4th generation of them.

9. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

It's pretty interesting. The screen is bright but you can't get a custom background to my knowledge. It's actually really tiny!

10. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Can you at least change the background color, or does it stay the same, to match the iPod's color?

I don't think they check people's backpacks, do they? What about all the women who go in there with purses?

11. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

The wallpaper, technically can be changed to a different design of the same color, which is red for me. There is another color, but it's just a straight out color and for me, it's silver without any designs or anything. It might not be existent on other iPod Nano's since mine is the Product Red one but then again, I don't know.

I don't know if they actually check backpacks, I didn't bring mine in since I did decide to leave it at home. But they don't check purses to my knowledge. Besides, if you do try to hijack a MacBook or an iPhone I do believe an alarm will go off...