I want to install Windows8 beta on my Early 2008 Mac

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
At one time (prior to Leopard) I had Bootcamp on my iMac. A hard drive crash on my iMac came and I never reinstalled Bootcamp or Windows7 on the Mac

I have Windows7 Home Premium Edition which I install two or so years ago on my MB Pro. After installing Windows8 on the MB Pro I decided to install Bootcamp again on the Mac and Windows8. Here are the possible problems I see.

I only have a Leopard OSX Disc. I downloaded Lion for both MB Pro and Mac.

I have Lion on both MP Pro (upgraded after Windows7 Install) and Mac.

Will I encounter any problems loading Bootcamp on the Mac and Windows7 which I will update to Windows8 with only a Snow Leopard Disc rather then a Lion Disc?

Last edited:

ThisFool

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
don't know if this will help but if you have lion and go to the bootcamp assistant , theres an option to make a installation disk for windows 7. which burns the bootcamp drivers.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
I installed Win8 on my '09 MacPro, no probs. In fact, you don't even need the bootcamp drivers. Only thing not working is superdrive eject button.

ThisFool

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
do the other hotkeys like dim brightness and volume keys also work without bootcamp drivers?

ThisFool

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
if you install bootcamp via (snow) leo disc after windows install it wil install drivers also for isight etc. i have it on my late 2008 13" macbook.

except for my dim lights buttons that broke after i updated to the latest nvidia drivers (for win8cons prev)