I want to jailbreak RIGHT now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Yumunum, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Yumunum, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

But I don't know the details...
    I always rooted and ROM'd my Android phones, so I know nothing's ever as simple as it looks. There were little details I knew that weren't always covered in instructions, which makes me feel bad for the people that only look at those instructions and don't know everything yet.

Now I'm that unlucky guy, but with jailbreaking iPhones... I need to hear from the people that have been down the road already.

My AT&T-locked iPhone 4 is running iOS 5.0.1 Could you give me step-by step instructions on how I should jailbreak it? Some main questions: What should I back it up with beforehand? What kind of problems might I run into? What's the deal with base bands, and what should I do about it? Should I use RedSnow or Snowbreeze or whatever? And why should I use one or the other?

I'm thinking something like this...

1. download [x], [x], and [x]
    2. plug in iPhone
    3. put it in [x] mode
    4. open [x]
    5. click [x]
    ect...

Thank you in advance, I'd really appreciate it. No really, I'd honestly be thankful!

2. Norinion macrumors regular

Right now 2 jailbreak is available: Redsn0w tethered, which means if you have to reboot your phone, you need to hook it up to a computer to boot it again, else it won't boot properly.
    Other one is Semi-tethered, look that up somewhere else, which lets your phone boot again if it shutdown however you can't use jailbroken apps, just phone and texting basically (and apple's apps)

Redsn0w:
    download redsn0w (should be beta 8) http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w-iOS5
    download your firmware or if you already have it
    plug in your phone
    run redsn0w, extra, select IPSW then select your firmware, then back
    click on jailbreak,
    follow instructions
    once finish (i think you have to shutdown your phone again if your cydia icon is white then follow below else you're done)
    then click on redsn0w,
    extra, just boot

iono about semitethered

3. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

You didn't mention anything about backups. How exactly would I do that? What do you mean by "download your firmware"? Where? How?

I'm also curious why I should use Redsnow over Snowbreeze. Are there specific benefits to one or the other?

4. Shivek macrumors member

I think sn0wbreeze is better because it comes with iBooks crash fix.

5. augustborn99 macrumors regular

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Cydia has a fix for the ibooks crash aswell.

@OP start reading the sticky's at the top of the forum