I want to kill iTunes!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CAWjr, Mar 11, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

In anticipation of getting an iPad, I went out & started to download some free apps for it last week. During the process, I clicked on what I thought was a free app, but right as I clicked, the page in iTunes jumped & I inadvertently clicked on a $2.99 app that I did not want. I submitted a problem ticket & after a few days, they reimbursed me the $2.99 & suggested that I reset the warnings, which I did.

Well, tonight I was at it again, looking for some more apps. I went to get the Apple Remote app & as I clicked the button, the screen jumped at the last second & I downloaded some remote desktop app that cost $20 right below it. No warning or alert came up, it just downloaded. I am livid. I submitted another problem ticket, but I am afraid Apple will see me as some kind of scammer now & I won't get my $20 back.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have iTunes pop an alert that says "Hey dumbass, did you really want to buy that $20 app?" any time I accidentally click on an app that is not free?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Don't know how u buy a $$$ app instead of a free one.

3. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

4. nvcplus macrumors regular

How does your screen "jump" to another app that you can buy instantly?

5. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Go search for something in iTunes. Once you get a results page, click on the Apps filter. You will see the page load & then randomly jump as images load. When an image loads, where you are intending to click (FREE) could be suddenly replaced with the button for another app that is not free.

6. expressway macrumors member

If you view your account in Itunes (the page where you have your billing address, credit card info, etc.) there's an option at the bottom to "reset all warnings for buying and downloading". I think that will give you a pop-up box "are you sure?" type of thing.

ETA - I realize you said you did this, but maybe it bears repeating just in case. I thought there was a one-click purchasing option somewhere too, but I can't find it right now.

7. CAWjr, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011

CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

BTW, someone replied with "Turn off 1-click shopping" which would be ideal, but it appears that feature is no longer available in iTunes preferences. Is there a way to turn it off somewhere else?

That's the kicker. I hit that button & apparently my warnings did not get reset. It would be nice if when you reset your warnings you got a prompt that confirmed that you in fact reset them.

8. M87 macrumors 65816

Never once had a problem with this or even seen iTunes "jump".

9. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i have never had that problem. you could always purchase your apps form the main app page instead of the search page that list 20 or so apps then none of that would happen either

10. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

Just wait the page to be fully loaded