I want to like Chrome Mobile

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macher, Jan 24, 2015.

  1. macher macrumors 6502a

    macher

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2012
    #1
    I'm pretty much all Google with gmail, Chrome and other Google apps on my Mac. I use Chrome a lot on my Mac cause there's a lot of extensions I use.

    Why should I use Safari and mobile Safari if I never use on any other platform. Even if I'm on a remote kiosk desk top I never use Safari, I'll use whatever the kiosk offers usually Chrome or Firefox.

    I want to like Chrome mobile. When I'm mobile I use a lot of tabs and don't like how Chrome mobile doesn't open up a tab like mobile Safari. I find it difficult to find the tabs I opened especially when I have like 10 tabs.

    I also don't like how mobile Chrome functions are on the top bar when I need to go back or forward when I'm browsing a site.

    I want to like mobile Chrome better than Safari. Is there any walk arounds to make Chrome a similar experience to Safari?
     
  2. SeilerBird macrumors regular

    SeilerBird

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    #2
    I am also a Googleaholic but since I got my iPhone three months ago I have yet to download a Google app. I prefer the complete iPhone experience. I just can't image Google apps working better than Apple apps on an iPhone.
     
  3. macher thread starter macrumors 6502a

    macher

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2012
    #3
    Google products actually work well on iOS. But there are I guess features I don't like on Chrome as an example such as tabs. The new Chrome update is pretty cool you should check it out.

    Yes iOS apps work better on an iPhone and iPad. But a mobile device isn't the only thing I use. I also use my Mac a lot and yet to use Apple products on my Mac such as Safari or iCloud email. My primary apps on my Mac are Google products.

    If I used Apple products on my Apple mobile devices then I'm on 2 different platforms when I'm mobile and on my Mac. Apple products don't offer what I need compared to Chrome extensions.

    It's not that I'm a Google-holic. It's I don't use Apple products on my desk top. I would like to use Apple products on my Mac but like I said it won't work the majority of the time with the extensions and other web based software I use.
     
  4. SeilerBird macrumors regular

    SeilerBird

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    #4
    My iPhone is the only Apple product I own. I use a Chromebook 99% of the time and a Windows laptop the other 1%. I am totally Google but I decided it would not be fair for me to judge an iPhone if I loaded it up with Google apps. I had a Nexus 4 and it was no comparison to my iPhone. But I sure love the fact there are so many great choices.
     
  5. Paco II macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    #5
    OP consider checking out Mercury browser. When used with the Chrome desktop extension you can get a really good experience.
     
  6. macher thread starter macrumors 6502a

    macher

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2012
    #6
    Thanks is it an extension? Because I have many extensions that I use for my business and wouldn't want it to interfere with the other extensions.

    ----------

    With using Google products on your non mobile stuff how do you handle syncing between non mobile and mobile?
     

Share This Page