I want to make my windows PC "Break"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Marjamrob1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Marjamrob1 macrumors regular

So this it, I have a windows PC and I want it to shut down after like 5 minutes and say something like "Windows has experienced an system error, and must shutdown, this is likely caused by adding new files." And then reboot with like the famous blue screen, while my mom is messing with her pictures, so it'll be her fault, and I will get a new CPU, like a new MBP. The rest of my family isn't super tech swavy. So what files to delete cause the BSOD? :) And how to set a delay also, please and thank you :)

2. dkersten macrumors 6502a

How about you get a job and buy a computer yourself?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Not a good idea to be deceitful towards your mother and attempt to take advantage of her. You should honor her and ask for a new computer by showing her the respect she deserves.

4. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm 2 young :) and not going to get a computer, because 256 mb of ram and a 15GB harddrive is just fine.

5. jkeekij macrumors regular

Getting a job would cause the OP to exert way too much effort. Screwing over the parents is much easier! :mad:

6. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

No self respecting person should help you betray your mothers confidence by sabotaging a computer in an ill-conceived plan to get a new one.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Why did you join a Mac forum to gripe about Windows on your PC?

9. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, your right, but my plan was very well conceived :)
    And not griping, plotting :) but because nobody on a windows forum would help me, because I'm trying to break a PC.

10. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Really, because I had my first job when I was 12. I highly doubt you 11 or younger. If you really want a new computer, you will find a job where you can work at your age and save enough money to buy it yourself.

11. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? What did u do? I'm 13, paper company use delivery trucks... :( already checked.

12. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Your motives are unclean and you're dishonoring your mother by trying to accomplish this thing you're after. You need to stop pursuing this and be thankful for what you do have.

13. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I was a soccer referee. At least in NY you can start to ref when you're 12. Over the course of a weekend when there was a local tournament, i could make upwards of $200 in a 48 hr. period. When I turned 15 I started working at a grocery chain.

14. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

Well... If u want to know the truth, I'm actually trying to break my mother computer, the same way, because she always complains about her computer, but it's illegal to do so, so I asked under a different premises.

This is actually being posted from my wonderful 2010 White MacBook, still a great plan though :)

And a job never hurts, my friends sister does that, will see if I can do that... Thanks :)

15. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Windows isn't even bad. If your computer works go out and earn money to buy what you want.

16. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya its not horrible, but one it's not really for me...
    And I can't do a processor upgrade, and it's an old non-brand computer.

17. jkeekij macrumors regular

Oh, now you're telling the truth huh? You get told exactly what you are by other members and then change your story to try (used loosely) to look better. :confused:

Just go away...

18. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This made me smile....The things I got up to in the city when I was 12...As far as the OP goes, be grateful for what you have...That little hard drive will fill as your Mom fills it with pictures. In the meantime?

Get a paper round.

19. Marjamrob1 thread starter macrumors regular