I want to meet some intelligent people

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rocky99, Apr 8, 2008.

1. rocky99 macrumors newbie

rocky99

I need help,
    I want to create something phenomenal.
    An internet company

A little about me-
    Iam 19 years old and enjoy trading wallstreet reading about technology and just having a good time.I messed my senior year up in highschool and didnt focus enough on my work so i have to pay by staying home for now and attending community college. I work for Sony and I am fascinated with how many young internet millionaires there are. Why cant we be the next?I wrote briefly for Gizmodo and was featured in a new york times interview.

I need a person or persons who is interested in creating greatness who feels they have innovative ideas which could really be turned into something great, like the next big think IE:FACEBOOK,GOOGLE,PAYPAL,MYSPACE

all of these were just ideas that were criticized by some and now they are all very well known.

Send me a PM or email me at nlulla01@gmail.com

Please send me a little BIO and somewhat of a resume sort of thing

nothing too formal if your interested if nothing else it will just be cool to get some responses.

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

That just about sums things up right there.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Nice catch, although I'd like to believe Apple to be a relatively good company.

4. rocky99 thread starter macrumors newbie

rocky99

haha thank you man sorry ive had a long day

apple is but im talking about internet companies

adding to the list youtube

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I have to say that if it's someone else with the next great idea, then you've already missed the boat.

Find a need, then fill it.

Being full of ambition and drive and dreams isn't enough. Believe me, I've got a lifetime of regrets to prove that to my satisfaction. This is not meant harshly, but in the hope that in my waning years I'll read about the moment when you were told to just get off your ass and dare to fail. Several times, as a matter of fact.

At 19, you have lots of choices and chances. Use them! Don't wait for someone on a forum to team up with, or to give you the idea. Don't look to past notoriety and think it'll carry you beyond the next five minutes. Make, create, push the envelope, fall on your face and do it again and again.

Every attempt, every failure is a lesson that can't be bought for any price, nor traded for. Don't worry about write-ups or quotes or profiles in the WSJ, they'll happen of their own accord, if that's what's to be. You create your own success.

As was said by my favorite transvestite, don't dream it, be it.

6. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I don't understand what you are offering here. Why would I share my awesome million dollar idea with you? What are you going to bring to the "team"?

7. rocky99 thread starter macrumors newbie

rocky99

i dont want your million dollar idea i just want someone with similar qualities to do some kind of work with however after the post of motivation i really dont know if i want to work with anyone anymore

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Why here? the people of the mac section of arstechnica are the smart ones tossing all the technical terms around.

They get their threads quoted by Apple/IBM/Motorola the tech journals, and likely Intel in the future.

We get quoted on Fox... :(

9. rocky99 thread starter macrumors newbie

rocky99

why here?

because ive read the forums, there are so many different people ranging from 12 year old kids to self made millionaires and smart ass ignorant people and all of these people have as much potential as i do....or anyone

10. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

It seems what you are seeking is what most gain by networking. This is something you'll gain as you go through schooling, and in the workplace, most likely. For now, focus on your year of community college. It's obvious you think your abilities exceed the level of education provided there, so make darn sure you ace your way through, and open more doors for yourself. Figure out what it is you are passionate about, and focus on that. We all tend to have greater success with the things we feel passionately about. Don't rush into teaming up with people. If that turns out to be part of your pathway to success, it will happen on it's own. Good luck to you! :)

11. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Convince someone that your product is magic and you got yourself a winner. People don't want to know how it works they want it too work. Easy enough you'd think.

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I want to meet some intelligent people

Become more intelligent.

(Signed: smart ass ignorant person.)

13. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I was really more interested in what you had to offer. All you have said so far is that you underachieved in your senior year at high school, you read the Wall Street Journal and you have written some articles. You also changed your mind about wanting to work with someone after about 40 minutes because of a single post from a stranger on the internet. From reading a the paragraphs that you wrote in this thread it seems that you have the ambition to want it do it but not a firm footing to get going. Hence why you want some help? (Please note that I admit that I could be wide of the mark here, I am going on very little).

I think that you maybe need to really think about what sort of business you want to start, where you are going to fit into the marketplace, and be realistic about how you are going to do it. Think about how you are going to gain the skills (both the technical skills and business skills) and experience to make it work. Focus less on the dreaming and the end goal and work on what you need to do now. You won't make millions overnight but if you put in the effort then I am sure that your hard work will pay off eventually.

Maybe you need to just stick with your College degree for now. You will surely meet some like-minded people there that you could work with if you wanted to. When you do finish in a few years you will have more knowledge and therefore more of an idea about what is possible and how to do it.

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I tell everyone who wants to start a company and is currently in college.

Damn it, take the beginning accounting course the school offers and find some way to learn how to write a business plan while doing it.

Out of all the classes you can take, accounting is likely one of the most important ones for running your own company.

Personally I'd feel better if i can hand a group of people a stack of checks, invoices, bills, and bank statements that they can quickly set up the books and records for that company and tell me where the money is going and keeping track of who is lending the company money.

Somebody in the group has to know how to do it, or the future lawsuits may get ugly if the company earns any money.

15. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Invest heavily in some apostrophes and capital letters. Come to think of it, a shift key should have you covered.

16. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

17. r00 macrumors member

I was thinking the exact same thing...

You said you wrote articles for Gizmodo? Hmm...

18. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Like me :)

Im 13 learning Objective-C so I can make some money from selling apps in the App Store. I am hoping that knowing a programming launguage will make my dream career as the next Steve Wozniak even easier :D

BTW, if you dont know who Steve Wozniak is, you are NOT a true Apple fan. In fact, not knowing the name of the guy who started Apple and made the Apple I all by himself kinda proves you aint no Apple fan at all.

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You can actually become quite wealthy without having to work terribly hard and making the national average for salary. All you have to do is pay down debts aggressively and live below your means. If you can save $100 a week, with even a modest rate of return you can save up $60 000 is ten years. Save $200 a week, and you've got $125 000 in ten years. And that's if you just let your money sit around in a basic savings acount, invest that in fairly low risk mutual funds with a 10% rate of return and you've got 88 000 or 176 000 respectively, in just ten years.

A little bit of fiscal responsibility and a little bit of wise investing and even a tiny sum of money can yield big returns.

20. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba