I want to pre order the iPhone 4 from Apple...But

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HE15MAN, Jun 11, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I do have one question though..If you are going from 3g to iPhone 4, what do you do about the new micro sim cards? Also, ATT told me 2 months ago I was able to upgrade then, should I double check? I have had the 3G since the release date.

Does iTunes sync your sim card info also?

Thanks

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

the new iphone 4 will have a micro sim in it already.

when you upgrade to the new device, the sales associate will scan the box and activate your phone.

this process moves your account over to the new sim.

any data you have on your old sim(which u really shouldnt have) will still be on your old sim.

but if you sync with itunes, all your contact info, sms msgs, etc should be on your computer anyway.

3. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I want to have it mailed to my house from Apple so I dont have to go to the ATT stores at all..

4. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

it will still be the same deal, the minute your phone syncs with itunes it will transfer the account over to the micro sim

5. R2T macrumors newbie

how about this situation. I want to use the upgrade for a different number that is not an iphone. how would I activate a different number?

6. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

it would be the same thing...the account that is not an iphone will move over to the micro-sim of the new phone.

you guys do realize that a phone number holds a lot of account info right?

as long as an att rep or apple rep knows your number they can access your account and activate a new iphone or any other phone and move that account over to the new sim

7. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Some deal - plug it in and it will ask if you want to transfer a number - plug in the number you want to transfer in and you're good to go.

8. R2T macrumors newbie

9. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I have another question. Me and my fiancé are on a family plan and both want to pre order the iPhine 4. Is there a way I can buy my phone and she buys hers if we are on the same account? I a have neve ore ordered an iPhone from Apple before so I am not exactly sure of there process.

Thanks!