i want to purge blocked msn contacts from adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furcalchick, Jul 23, 2008.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

earlier today, some spammer wanted to contact me and was trying to be a sex fiend or something disgusting via msn. i deleted and blocked her from my adium list, but there's still traces of her on adium (on the blist.xml). i tried deleting her on the list, but she's still there. is there a way to completely eliminate any trace of the sex fiend on my computer? thanks.

2. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

There's not much you can do, apart from blocking and removing the contact (you could make sure that only people whom you authorize can see your online status, but that's another matter).

As far as I can tell, as long as you appear on the spammer's contact list, you cannot erase him/her/it completely. It's an MSN thing.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

grr...i guess the stupid spammer wins. i wonder if they can contact me again with their spamming and sex fiend schemes.:mad:

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Not if you've blocked and removed her; she can't contact you via msn unless she uses another account, or just emails you.