I want to put music on my Iphone

Emsie4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I recently bought an Iphone 3GS and when i synced it to my itunes I blocked I the phone and had to pay to get it unlocked. I want to put music on my phone but i'm scared to try and sync it to my itunes again. Do i have to downgrade my itunes in order for it to work?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I recently bought an Iphone 3GS and when i synced it to my itunes I blocked I the phone and had to pay to get it unlocked. I want to put music on my phone but i'm scared to try and sync it to my itunes again. Do i have to downgrade my itunes in order for it to work?
It is okay to sync your phone with Itunes. Just don't upgrade/restore the phone when Itunes asks you. This is what you did previously and that the reason it restored your phone to factory latest firmware and result in your phone loosing its unlocked status.

Emsie4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
It is okay to sync your phone with Itunes. Just don't upgrade/restore the phone when Itunes asks you. This is what you did previously and that the reason it restored your phone to factory latest firmware and result in your phone loosing its unlocked status.
Thank you but is it possible that because my itunes has the newest version that it will affect my phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.