I want to remove the demo Microsoft Office programs, help!

Afro1989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I want to remove the Microsoft Office programs that came as a 30 day trial with my Mac because I'm guessing that they're taking up some HD space. What's the point in me keeping these expired programs, right? I don't want to remove anything important though. Which out of these should I check? Thanks.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If they're both expired and you don't want them, go ahead and remove all of it...

Afro1989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I'm just not sure what Microsoft Office X is and I don't want to remove anything important.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The uninstaller shows both options, but there's likely no Office X installed, so if, say, you just check that and continue, it'll tell you there's nothing to delete (just did that on my MBP).

Silly, but harmless.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
jsw said:
The uninstaller shows both options, but there's likely no Office X installed, so if, say, you just check that and continue, it'll tell you there's nothing to delete (just did that on my MBP).

Silly, but harmless.

the Office X app could already be gone but the uninstaller might be finding preferences and such that are still in place....as an example, when I ran the unistaller last year on a new imac it found files for Office 98, Office 2001, Office X and Office 2004.....in my case those files all got there courtesy of the migration assistent