i want to return this iphone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iwanttoreturnit, May 3, 2009.

1. iwanttoreturnit macrumors newbie

i just found this iphone in a cab last night, and i really want to return it, however there is a passcode on it and it wont let me dial 611 or anything to try and help me find the owner. i found this website that says i can enter an ID number or 11 digit serial number to get in contact with the owner, however there is niether one on the phone, i have looked everywhere. can anyone help me out, seriously, i want my karma to stay in good standings. thanks:confused:

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Hand it into a Police Station, if noone claims it, karma will have done it's work and it would become your phone...

3. Beaverfish macrumors regular

If you open the sim card bit, on the underside is a serial/ IMEI number. If you call the service provider for the iphone in your country, they should be able to get in contact with the owner on there records.
    Alternatively try in the sim in another phone and call the number listed as "home"

4. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Just wait? Someone is bound to call in the next few hours.

5. iwanttoreturnit thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm...

i am not familiar with iphones at all, or even where the sim card would be or how to get to it, i live in new york, maybe i should just take it to one of the mac stores in the city, they should be able to help me:confused:

6. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

That's nice of you. Unless it's just a post on how to get into the PHONE. LOL j/k

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They could help you!

Or AT&T(they'd be able to get the SIM card out too)

Its actually just on the top of the phone, you use a paper clip to pop out a tray that has the SIM card in it(I can understand not want to do that though)

8. english06 macrumors member

Wow... a nice person in New York? :eek:

9. iwanttoreturnit thread starter macrumors newbie

i already have horrible luck with breaking stuff that isn't mine, lol so i don't think i'm going to mess with it, people keep texting it, but no one is calling the dam phone!

10. iwanttoreturnit thread starter macrumors newbie

woah woah WOAH! 92.7% of the people in new york are really nice and layed back, anyways im from San Diego:D

11. iwanttoreturnit thread starter macrumors newbie

whoohoo!!! somebody called the phone!!!! thanks to those that tried to help me!

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

13. bks691 macrumors regular

There's a guy that just lost his phone in a cab, it could be a coincidence http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&thread.id=72562

14. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

Thats the best advice tbh or call 'dad' or 'mom'