I want to see an endocrinologist

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chstr, Jan 14, 2010.

1. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

whats the best way to go about it? should I try to get referred by a family physician? specifically, I've experienced a lot of weight gain, energy loss, weakness, and depression over the last few years. I think I could greatly benefit from HGH or some other glandular therapy.

anybody know the best method and whether any of this can be covered by insurance? How expensive is it? where are the better clinics in the north east? (NYC, NJ, Philly, Boston etc)

thanks!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Your primary physician should be able to do some general blood work to tell you if there is indeed something funky going on. From there you should be able to discuss getting a referral to a reputable doctor who is within your insurance plan (if applicable).

3. chstr thread starter macrumors 6502a

chstr

just made an appointment with primary care, hopefully I can get a referral and then I'll go from there, thanks

4. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck! :)

5. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Seeking care from a primary physician first is a good way to go. If you get a referral, you should not be charged extra by your insurance company. Most likely you will have to pay a slightly higher copayment than primary care, but it is not terrible (~$40). Have your doctor check your thyroid glands and ask for a blood test if you have not had one in the past two years.