I want to take my iphone into a store but..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aaagat111, Mar 15, 2008.

1. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

So recently I jailbroke my 1.1.4 iphone with ZiPhone (worked perfectly).

Recently i noticed however that the right speaker is not really working, which has nothing to do with the jailbreak because it was like this before. So I want to bring my iPhone into a store to see what is wrong with it, but first should I restore it?

Will clicking the restore button in iTunes accomplish what i want and wipe off the Installer and installed apps?

thanks,

aaa

2. McGiord, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I not sure about ziphone, but the iTunes restore will reload the firmware for sure, I have no idea about the baseband or the bootloader.

check here if there is something that can help you:
    www.hackthatphone.com
    ________
    Ford F-550

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

when you say right speaker, like at the bottom, next to the dock connector.. like:

Code:
    Left  Dock  Right
    :::::[====]::::::
                   ^
    That side is for the microphone. The speaker is only on the left side as far as I was ever aware.

4. aaagat111 thread starter macrumors regular

aaagat111

oh so the Left, meaning -->>::::::|||||::::::: (looking at the bottom of the iphone with the screen facing up) is the only speaker??

ok that makes sense then. Since there wasn't any real sound coming out of the right one

5. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

yeah, thats what i meant. lol, take it to a store anyways, see what they say!

6. ecoolerik macrumors newbie

7. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

nice smiley..;) relax, theyre not going to be that harsh! Anyways he's in canada (i assume judging by the Rogers carrier name) so no apple store there is going to service him anyway.

8. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I handed over my jailbroken phone when I got them to replace my headphones, didn't even think about it. The genius was like "What are all these extra icons?" then went on to say "If you took the time to do this, you definitely know you shouldn't show us it, you're lucky I don't care." I still have my warranty, and a new pair of headphones.

9. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

Probably because you were just getting headphones-- had there been an actual issue with the phone, they may not have been so nice!