Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaagat111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
St. Louis, MO
So recently I jailbroke my 1.1.4 iphone with ZiPhone (worked perfectly).

Recently i noticed however that the right speaker is not really working, which has nothing to do with the jailbreak because it was like this before. So I want to bring my iPhone into a store to see what is wrong with it, but first should I restore it?

Will clicking the restore button in iTunes accomplish what i want and wipe off the Installer and installed apps?

thanks,

aaa

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
when you say right speaker, like at the bottom, next to the dock connector.. like:

Code:
Left  Dock  Right
:::::[====]::::::
               ^

That side is for the microphone. The speaker is only on the left side as far as I was ever aware.

aaagat111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
St. Louis, MO
oh so the Left, meaning -->>::::::|||||::::::: (looking at the bottom of the iphone with the screen facing up) is the only speaker??

ok that makes sense then. Since there wasn't any real sound coming out of the right one

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
oh so the Left, meaning -->>::::::|||||::::::: (looking at the bottom of the iphone with the screen facing up) is the only speaker??

ok that makes sense then. Since there wasn't any real sound coming out of the right one

yeah, thats what i meant. lol, take it to a store anyways, see what they say!

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I handed over my jailbroken phone when I got them to replace my headphones, didn't even think about it. The genius was like "What are all these extra icons?" then went on to say "If you took the time to do this, you definitely know you shouldn't show us it, you're lucky I don't care." I still have my warranty, and a new pair of headphones.

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
I handed over my jailbroken phone when I got them to replace my headphones, didn't even think about it. The genius was like "What are all these extra icons?" then went on to say "If you took the time to do this, you definitely know you shouldn't show us it, you're lucky I don't care." I still have my warranty, and a new pair of headphones.

Probably because you were just getting headphones-- had there been an actual issue with the phone, they may not have been so nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.