Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Does it really work? And what apps? does the app open faster or the content of the apps loads faster,does it worth it?

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
I have it installed and it is noticably faster in Google Chrome browser and facebook.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
yeah but other than facebook and chrome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367437849.267440.jpg

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
Does effect the battery life tho.
Thought it was just animations that sped up.

You can always overlock the CPU!!

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Does effect the battery life tho.
Thought it was just animations that sped up.

You can always overlock the CPU!!

The facebook app now opens half the time.Is the battery affected seriously?

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
The facebook app now opens half the time.Is the battery affected seriously?

That's certainly nice .
I'm not sure in what degree it affects the battery performance but it certainly wages in .
Maybe some user can shine some light on this.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
It does not impact the battery life at all, to me at least but then again we all use our iPhones differently.

Nitrous is one of the best tweaks I've actually purchased.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
It does not impact the battery life at all, to me at least but then again we all use our iPhones differently.

Nitrous is one of the best tweaks I've actually purchased.

Yeah,I just bought it too and I did a test with a stopwatch with the facebook app and all I earn is 1.5 seconds or less.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah,I just bought it too and I did a test with a stopwatch with the facebook app and all I earn is 1.5 seconds or less.

That's pretty incredible when you look at the JavaScript speed tests between safari with the nitro boost vs google chrome without it. The difference is milliseconds. You can run these tests yourself too. Just google SunSpider JavaScript benchmark or something like that and you'll get the link for all the different JavaScript tests you can run. We're talking very small time differences.

Regardless, its a tweak I purchased on launch day and always keep it installed. It does have its advantages. I have noticed no battery life impact. You can try using your phone with and without it. I bet you get the same (or very close) battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.