I WANT to update the baseband.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hannah Montana, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

I WANT to update the baseband. Taking it in for replacement. How do I do this? Right now I'm on 4.3.1 but still on 4.1 baseband. Got a 1013 error when I restored, which means it wiped the phone but the baseband is still 2.10.04. I do NOT have TSS server running like I did yesterday.

2. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Go to Tinyumbrella > advance > set host to Cydia (uncheck the box) > apply changes > quit Tinyumbrella > open iTunes > restore.

3. Hannah Montana thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I figured it out right after I posted this thread. But why would that even happen when TinyUmbrella wasn't even running when I did my restore?

4. Hannah Montana thread starter macrumors newbie

Weird. It didn't work, although that option sounds like it was made just for this purpose.

5. himni macrumors regular

When your Hosts file is set to Cydia and you update in iTunes it can't request the SHSH for the baseband from Apple since it is getting everything from Cydia instead and Cydia can't handle BB SHSH requests and that's why you get a 1013 error and you still have the old BB on the newer iOS.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Since you're having issues of such (Cydia) I'm assuming you're dealing with jailbreak(s).
    You might stand a better chance with assistance placing your thread in the proper forum for iPhone Hacks. I'm sure others there have had this problem, or a clue that might lead you to resolution. ;)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you ever run TU on your computer it automaticly changes the hosts file to point to cydias server and not Apples activation servers. Even if TU is not runnning in the back the change will always be there untill you do what the poster mentioned above.

Go to Tinyumbrella > advance > set host to Cydia (uncheck the box) > apply changes > quit Tinyumbrella > open iTunes > restore.

8. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

1) Open Terminal
    2) Type in: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
    3) Enter password
    4) Delete the line with gs.apple.com on it
    5) Press ctrl-o

9. Hannah Montana thread starter macrumors newbie

I did this but I think the host file is "permanently" changed. I'll have to edit the host file on my computer manually.