Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I just did the same thing. I went from 16gig to 64gig. Went to the apple store and exchanged my 16 for the 64. You just have to pay the difference in prices. There was a line but you reserve your phone while waiting in line and its ready when you get up there. I got to skip the line along with another guy because it was just an exchange.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Return it to the respective retailer you purchased it from, and do the personal pickup tonight for a 64 GB model in the configuration you want should it be in stock. Just so you know, Apple Store online orders can't be returned to retail Apple Stores. :)

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Really? I'm going to go the mall and try it.

----------

I ordered my phone via apple during the pre-sale...can I exchange at apple store?

Hec983

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
I did the same things preordered a 6 16gb on Sep 12th I had a change of heart yesterday when I pick up the 16gb I ask the apple associate if I could exchange it. The cancel my 16gb and I walk out with a 64gb couldn't be happier. Apple has some great customer service. They even gave power support anti glare protectors for free

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Did the same, ordered 64GB returning 16GB. Apparently carriers to pick it up will contact me in 48 hours. :rolleyes:

I did the same things preordered a 6 16gb on Sep 12th I had a change of heart yesterday when I pick up the 16gb I ask the apple associate if I could exchange it. The cancel my 16gb and I walk out with a 64gb couldn't be happier. Apple has some great customer service. They even gave power support anti glare protectors for free

How are those screen protectors by the way? Worth buying?

Any chance of some pictures of them on the phone? :)

Hec983

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
Did the same, ordered 64GB returning 16GB. Apparently carriers to pick it up will contact me in 48 hours. :rolleyes:

How are those screen protectors by the way? Worth buying?

Any chance of some pictures of them on the phone? :)

I get some pics tonight I haven't installed them since I have the defender case. Great quality as always form power support

Last edited:

Hec983

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1411271829.254447.jpg

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

What? They were giving away screen protectors?

They only offered me bottled water as if I was a thirsty camel!!!!

Hec983

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
What? They were giving away screen protectors?

They only offered me bottled water as if I was a thirsty camel!!!!

Yeah the guy that was helping me out was super cool. He forgot to charge me when I paid for the phone. After he activate it I told him to charge me screen for the protectors he said there on the house no charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.