Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
Is there a way of being able to use my Apple TV for internet surfing on my TV?

Also, scrolling through the Apple TVs alphabet to type is annoying, could a keyboard be used? Or iPhone?

Cheers.

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
Thanks, i will download the Remote App.

Is there any jailbreak out there that could enable internet surfing through the Apple TV?

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010

Is there any jailbreak out there that could enable internet surfing through the Apple TV?

The remote app is great, especially for iPad. Although I don't plan on jail breaking my Apple TV I know there are some developers working on Internet browsers for it. I know even a beta release is out.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas

I think ATV Flash Black will be able to let you surf the internet. It is still in beta now, but they say it will be finished soon. It costs ~$20 to pre-order and $30 when it is released.

Wes

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
ya using the iphone as a keyboard is nice. plus i think bluetooth keyboard support may come sometime. But you need to jailbreak and then use atv flash. (atv flash only works on mac right now and a untethered jailbreak is only for ios 4.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.