I want to use the Internet and a keyboard on my Apple TV!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by logicpro7, Dec 5, 2010.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Is there a way of being able to use my Apple TV for internet surfing on my TV?

Also, scrolling through the Apple TVs alphabet to type is annoying, could a keyboard be used? Or iPhone?

Cheers.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you are using the Remote app with your iPhone or iPad, the keyboard will popup and you will be able to use that.

3. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, i will download the Remote App.

Is there any jailbreak out there that could enable internet surfing through the Apple TV?

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The remote app is great, especially for iPad. Although I don't plan on jail breaking my Apple TV I know there are some developers working on Internet browsers for it. I know even a beta release is out.

5. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I think ATV Flash Black will be able to let you surf the internet. It is still in beta now, but they say it will be finished soon. It costs ~$20 to pre-order and $30 when it is released.

Wes

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

ya using the iphone as a keyboard is nice. plus i think bluetooth keyboard support may come sometime. But you need to jailbreak and then use atv flash. (atv flash only works on mac right now and a untethered jailbreak is only for ios 4.1)