Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
gloss said:
I like Skype.

I like the idea of Skype, and have it loaded on my PC, but MSNMessenger has actually run much better on the weekly teleconf's I have been having with my kids. Skype has had alot of lag where MSN did not. Of course this is PC to PC and my PC is not super fast and has alot of apps on it. Can't wait till I get an iMac. I expect things to run alot smoother.

Trebz

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
I use Sightspeed to talk to my wife and son when I am on the road. I have an intel Mac Mini at home with an iSight, and I have an XP laptop with a logitech quickcam fusion. BTW - as far as non-iSight cams go, the quickcam fusion is pretty solid.

I tried doing AIM to iChat and it worked about 20% of the time. The issue is that the ports always seemed to be blocked by the hotel's ISP.

Sightspeed seems to work about 90% of the time when I am in a hotel. The video and audio are amazing. If you try it, be sure to put the video in full screen. It looks like it is using some form of the DIVX codec, as it looks amazing.

The Sightspeed client seems really slow to start up. Once it is going, I have had zero issues with it all.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Trebz said:
The Sightspeed client seems really slow to start up. Once it is going, I have had zero issues with it all.

I have had major problems getting Sightspeed to load. I just doesn't. I have emailed their tech support and followed their directions but it still won't load. Darn PCs are a pain, but you got yours loaded so there is still hope. I think I may try loading my PC laptop with a fresh load and then try to download and run Sightspeed to see if that works.

bigbop@mac.com

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2006
Wecams for Sightspeed

Does anybody know if the Macally ICECAM Portable USB Video Web Camera for MAC works with Sightspeed?

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.