Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gal Needs Help

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2014
I have a work blackberry with a unlimited data plan. I can stream TV shows/etc on my blackberry - but would like to view on my MacBook pro. I've tried the HDMI cable - but I think this is an outgoing port instead of an incoming....
Any help would be appreciated!

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I have a work blackberry with a unlimited data plan. I can stream TV shows/etc on my blackberry - but would like to view on my 15" MacBook pro. I've tried the HDMI cable - but I think this is an outgoing port instead of an incoming....
Any help would be appreciated!

I'd venture to say that on every single laptop on the planet, any video port is an output only.

AFAIK, what you want to do isn't possible unless you use a TV or external screen that accepts HDMI, your MBP will be of no help/use at all.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

The article was written before RIM started having some serious financial troubles, I'd say that project was probably put on the backburner.

As for the software you linked to, it would not work for what the OP intends to do. All it does is file syncing between computer and phone. Since streaming doesn't generate a file per se, it would be useless.

Unless of course, OP can save whatever she is streaming to the phone for future watching.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Any DLNA

Any DLNA enabled device connected to wifi or your home network should be able to stream with the right app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.