I Want to Work in an Apple Store Someday :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMac4Ever56, Sep 29, 2009.

1. iMac4Ever56 macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

#1 I Have registered online for a Job Application to see if i be able to work for a Apple Store Someday to see if i can ever get a Job with Apple inc & i put my Resume & fixed up my profile & all on there & i wanted to know how long does it take for them to get back to me cause i keep Submitting Job Aplications in like everyday & they still have not called me, what should i really do? any suggestions? :confused:

#2 i used to get E-mail's From Apple everytime i Submit a Resume now all of a sudden it stops, but on there site it say's everytime i submit a Job Aplication to Apple i'll get an E-Mail so what really is going on? am i'm just wasting time putting in Job Applications to Apple & or have they blocked me from putting Job Aplications to Apple, i need help/Advice what should i do?

2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

3. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

If you're emailing them every day, I'm sure they've blocked your email because they thought you were a bot. It might be wise to use a different email address and try again.

Also, if they really like your resume, I'm sure they'll contact you. It might also be good to pursue another job incase this one never happens.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

6. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

That route's not working.

I'd get a job somewhere else in retail to get some sales experience and then apply to an Apple store in six months or so.

7. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Actually if you read through their application process guidelines they state that they do not accept applications from people who write really long sentences.

8. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

they can do that? what id people really desperetly need a job don't they ever think about that?

i did not write really long sentences i'll show you my resume if you don't believe me

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Once is enough.
    Seriously…

If by now (how long has it been?) you have not heard from them you should take it as a sign of non-interest.

;)

10. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Seeing as you only joined MR this month and it seems that you only bought your first Apple computer this month, you might not be suitable for the position.
    Generally Apple hires employees who are enthusiastic about Apple products and have knowledge and experience of using them for quite some time.

11. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

i have a Job, i work in an AMC Movie Theatre & i'm handicapped

12. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

So why would you want to give that up ? I can imagine working at a Movie theater is awesome, since I assume you get to watch a lot of movies free !

13. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

i bought my 2009 iMac computer on monday july 27, 2009. & i been going to The Apple Store a way lot :) i been like Addicted to it

14. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

A movie theatre isn't retail - although it is working with customers which is great.

I mean a job more like working in an Apple Store. Perhaps try and look at a lesser computer shop or electronics store or department store or something.

15. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

i'm not gonna give that up, someone told me @ an Apple Store that i can have 2 jobs, see i need to make extra money & 7:30 an hour is not cutting it for me, they only give me 3 day's a week sometimes 2 day's a week & sometimes 1 day a week or sometimes none, they only call me when they need me, i want a job where i'm working everyday so i can make money & have money in my pocket & to spend :)

i would like to try & work for The apple Store they told me to keep applying everyday & to never give up & i heard from some people it took 2 years to get a job there & it took 6 month's for them to work there i hear from employees that work there, i talk to them they told me to just keep trying & never give up :) so i believe them :)

i only been submitting job applications since last weel or 2 weeks or something, i'm new to it, my Uncle Chris helped me with my resume & helped me fix my job application apple site up, i did not do it, my uncle did it all :)

i'm handicapped, i have cerebral palsy hope you all believe me in what i say? cause i don't make things up, i hope nobody on here is mad @ me? :( they told me they have no problem with taking people like me there to work, they said they do have people like me working in the Apple inc Company

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You don't get a job by applying every day. In fact, if I was a recruiter and I saw the application coming in from the same person every day, I'd start throwing all their applications in the trash. If they weren't going to hire you yesterday, they're not going to hire you today. And if they want to hire someone, they'll look back through the pool of applications submitted over the past few months and pick one they feel is qualified for the position. Submitting an application every day is not the right way to get hired.

Indeed. My brother worked at an AMC for 3 years in high school. There was a nice, long 3 year period where I never paid to get into a movie. If you don't have any friends or family that work at a theater, I suggest you find one.

17. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

I've known some very talented people with CP, and I applaud your efforts to find a job that complements your interests.

Based on your posts, though, you might want to have a professional proofread your cover letter and resume that you're sending to Apple. There are a number of typos, and the sentence construction needs attention. Hiring managers use these documents as a filter to evaluate the candidates they want to meet in person, so you want to ensure you're providing the optimal picture of who you are and what you can do.

18. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Did you call the store and see if they were hiring? Speaking from the experience of having been a retail hiring manager, unless the absolutely perfect candidate walked in, if we weren't hiring there was nothing we could do.

Also, generally in busier retail stores you need to give them a week or so to get to your application. There probably isn't one person dedicated to reading applications as they come in; more likely the hiring manager gets a few hours a week to deal with applications, again, IF they are hiring.

Your best bet is to submit your application ONCE to your store of choice, wait 3-4 days, call the store, ask for the hiring manager's name, and ask if you can come in for an informational interview. Worst case you find out they aren't hiring, but you put yourself on their radar.

Yup. If anything, submitting repeatedly on an electronic application platform is going to get your redflagged and pulled from the pool of applicants. I know that at Borders we had a red, yellow, green system. We could only hire Greens and Yellows, the application system wouldn't even let you process an interview for a Red candidate. Oversubmitting would push you to a red status and knock you entirely out of the running.

19. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

i was in the apple store many times in manhatten , the 1 i applyed to i did speak to a manager & he said i have to give it 3 weeks in order for them to get my job aplication in, i'm on the 3rd week or less & still they have not called me just yet

my uncle own's a t-shirt business & he was the 1 that did my apple resume & such does that help?

not to be mean, i speak to the people who work @ the apple store & they said i should apply everyday to keep up, it shows i really want to work there :) thats what they told me :)

i have lots of friends that work in an AMC Movie Theatre, i even have a Job Coach i been working @ AMC Movie There for 10 Years now :)

20. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

I don't know your uncle or his experience with resumes, so I can't say.

If you're in doubt about the impression you're making with the Apple manager, though, you might want to invest in having a professional resume writer review the materials you've submitted.

Hiring managers typically will not take time to offer guidance on what you could have done better as a job candidate; they'll simply move on to the next person. What they see in writing may also supersede any impression they formed about you while on the phone. Why? You had time to prepare your cover letter and resume, so they better reflect your attention to detail and work habits than a conversation.

If you want the job, you need the manager to "like" you after the phone call and "love" you after reading your resume.

21. iMac4Ever56 thread starter macrumors member

iMac4Ever56

ok i'll get someone to help me then :)

22. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

F.Y.I I applied to the apple store some 3 times........ i nvr got a response.....

and i was an 18yr old college student that attends UCI. but i guess they don't care about smart young college kids...... they need experience:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

now i'm a office assistant, in the most busy business section of orange county, CA "irvine, CA aka the most safest city in america!" so hopefully one day, i will have "experience"

23. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Yeah submitting repeatidly won't help at all.

Apple are usually very careful about who they hire, too, and I heard that they ask random questions like what the favourite song you have on your iPod is.

BTW, the fact that you memorised the exact date that you got your iMac is awesome, I memorise pi for fun but I haven't got around to dates when I purchased gadgets yet :D

24. applefanaticguy macrumors newbie

Hate to break it to you but Apple does most of their hiring from internal referring and store transfers.

25. ethical macrumors 68000

OP: They said it can take up to three weeks, and it hasn't been three weeks yet, so give it time.

As mentioned, you may not have enough experience or they simply may not be hiring, but sending in your application over and over again is probably going to annoy them.

It's hard, but you just need to be patient. How about asking your current boss at the Movie Theater for more hours work?

You just need to remember though that Apple may never get back to you. Large companies like Apple get so many job applications that they often don't have time to respond to them all, so don't take it personally.

Best of luck :)