i want to your thoughts on this set up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henry2, May 24, 2011.

1. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

Since moveing into my smaller studio apt for work i now have only a small area to set up my computer in and the area is sized at 24.inchs wide-x-24.inchs deep for a computer desk ..

so here is my idea for the laptop based set up .

1-MacBook pro-17.inch screen notebook with the laptop ontop of the Rain M stand unit
    2-hp protable printer on the left side of the laptop
    3-iphone stand on the right side of the laptop
    4-ipad stand on the right side of the laptop
    5-local cable company high speed modem on the left side of laptop
    6-wired apple keyboard with it not in use it goes in the Rain M stand set up
    7-wired usb mouse with mouse pad

so what do you think of the idea ..

i was thinking about going with a IMac but the space was not enough to support the Iphone & Ipad without giveing up a few things...so i went back to the larger 17.inch screen sized for my basic computer needs

i can run the cables down in the back of the unit to attch them to the laptop as need through a 4-way usb hub unit and that will clean up some of the cable items

i'm also useing the smallest wired keyboard apple has and mouse by them for use with the setup and no i do not like wireless mouse and keyboard ..i'm a little old style with the mac because comeing over from the windows platfrom system and never did like wireless set up with the windows platfrom and the socalled batties replacement deal

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

As long as you've checked the dimensions and everything fits you'll be fine. I'd suggest you rethink the wireless keyboard and mouse setup, the Apple stuff is pretty good. If you haven't used a modern bluetooth setup you'll be presently impressed.

One more thought, you could wall mount a LCD monitor if that woud give you more room on your desk.

3. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Printers take up a lot of real estate. Can you get a wireless printer and just leave it in a closet or something? Same thing with the modem...Go wireless to get the modem off your desk unless you transfer a lot of information over your network.

4. henry2 thread starter macrumors regular

henry2

there is no more space ..the wall is right next to the one end of the desk and the hp protable printer is the smallest printer i found to use as a printer

the other side of the table is right up againest the bed and that all the space i have for my socalled studio apt ..

my bed is a full size bed so changeing beds is the only way of gaining more space in the area ..

i see how it works this week and let you know

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

wires? i love my wireless stuff. i change the batteries on my keyboard once a month? buy a charger and you are all set. same for the mouse. as for the rest of your setup, think vertical. printers do well on shelves above your computer. the modem can go anywhere. under your bed if you want. run the cable to your computer from it. i can't imagine having something as utterly useless as a modem and printer taking up my desk real estate, especially if i had as little as you do.