I Want Unique Business Cards...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Sep 3, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Any link, guidance or direction towards getting a unique business card made would be great. I need to get business card to give out and would prefer something unique.

Years ago I remember ordering them small business cards half the size of a regular business card. I can't remember the name though they were cool. Something like that works but the more unique, the better.

I'd love to be able to order them within the next few days.

2. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Unique has it's advantages, but don't go too crazy with regard to size, material, or shape. I know what I do with business cards that are circular, square, or too big for my wallet/business card holder...

5. statik13 macrumors regular

Just make sure your design doesn't alienate any of your target audiences. Case in point, the plastic cards. Hand them to somebody who is environmental and they are as likely to hand the card right back to you with a "no thanks"

6. swedefish macrumors 6502

I really don't see the point of fancy cards and I remember a college career counselor discouraging people from producing distracting cards. The purpose of a business card is to give your contact details to someone as an invitation for them to contact you in their professional capacity. I can see the benefit of a different color card stock to make your card stand out, but I'd certainly advise against non-standard size cards and designs where the contact information is secondary to fancy graphics.

7. SchneiderMan, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

These are mine. Not that these are one of the most unique..
    I used Moo btw and designed them myself.

Attached Files:

8. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Put a QR code on the back of the cards with your contact details in.

QR is still new enough to have a 'cool' factor - and you're much more likely to get your details entered into a person's address book than with a regular card.

9. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

***** yes! How do I do this? Like, how do I create a QR code?

Also, do it matter how small a QR code is? I'm heavily considering getting business cards, though would prefer small business cards.... Half the size of normal business cards and would like for them to fit these smaller moo cards n

10. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

There are plenty of QR generators online. For a business card you probably want one that will encode a vCard file into QR. Google 'vCard QR' - here's an example:

http://goqr.me/

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

A throwing star will get the point across. :)

Attached Files:

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Good pun Sir.

To the OP, for me personally I don't accept business cards as they just add to my clutter. If I don't have you digitally, you don't exist.

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

may be too late........if waloshin is using one as an avatar, what does that say about the "cool factor" as it relates to QR :p

14. Melrose, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

Melrose Suspended

Melrose

If you want unique, go for die cut and design innovations, not awkward shapes that are difficult to hold on to and keep track of (and more likely to get banged up and subsequently look bad).

If you want a unique size, go for a card that's just a smidge taller [y dimension] (not wider [x dimension], many card holders are based on width not height).

:)

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I hold on to business cards just long enough to enter them into my address book on my computer. After that, I trash them.